Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No, he's just being picked on

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't watch Top Chef, but wanted to vote

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
We tivoed the DC Top Chef Wrap-Up, and they brought up...the Pea Puree Scandal.

Tom, Padma and all, said they saw no direct footage where Alex took the Pea Puree, but they also saw no footage of Alex actually making a Pea Puree. Alex said he blanched the peas the night before and made the puree in the blender at the cook-off. Amanda said she saw him blending the peas, but everybody else rolled their eyes and said whatever.

From what we saw on TV and what all the chefs saw was - Alex bought peas. His peas weren't good (consenus). He supposedly hadn't started working on the peas the night before because he was still tossing ideas at Kenny that night. There's footage of him in the coolers. there's footage of him heating up and plating a pea puree. There is footage of Ed making a pea puree. But his pea puree was missing and never found.

Soooo...

did Alex steal the Pea Puree?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I think he did. It would take 2 seconds to steal it, but much longer to actually make it. Seems to me that more people would notice (and the cameras would pick up on something) if he made it. Not to mention the fact that he was consistently mediocre and all of a sudden he has a great dish, to be followed by more mediocrity? Not buying it.

Cowgirl

He absolutely stole it. He also lied about it when he said he didn't know Ed was making a pea puree, when they had footage of Kenny telling him about the pea puree the night before.

Here's how I think it went down. Alex took the puree from the coolers, went to his station and dumped it in the blender, making Amanda think she saw him making it. Amanda is a dingbat anyways, so who knows what she saw.

There's no doubt in my mind Alex stole it, and I was soooo pissed when that show aired because they didn't do anything about it! I was glad to hear Padma say if they'd caught him doing it he would have been booted. I can't believe Alex is still lying about it. What a nasty weasel.

lovinmaryland

He stole it for sure.

I think the real scandal is the fact that Hung made 80% of Angelo's dishes. If I were Kevin and Ed I would have complained and caused a huge stink about it. They only received help and assistance while Hung made the sauces, prepped all the proteins, even shopped and came up with most of the menu :boo: On one of the other seasons of Top Chef another chef was ill and they even video taped them vomitting several times before a competition, yet they still were able to manage to prepare and cook their dish. Why couldnt Angelo?

I like Kevin, but I think Ed should have won. He was consistent the entire show, compared to Kevin being only average. I knew Ed was not going to win when he decided to place dessert in Ilans hands. He should have made fried bananas served w/ ice cream voila winner.

I dont really like how when they judge the only take into account the dishes prepared that evening. Previous dishes should also be a portion of the criteria.

Cowgirl

He stole it for sure.

I think the real scandal is the fact that Hung made 80% of Angelo's dishes. If I were Kevin and Ed I would have complained and caused a huge stink about it. They only received help and assistance while Hung made the sauces, prepped all the proteins, even shopped and came up with most of the menu :boo: On one of the other seasons of Top Chef another chef was ill and they even video taped them vomitting several times before a competition, yet they still were able to manage to prepare and cook their dish. Why couldnt Angelo?

I like Kevin, but I think Ed should have won. He was consistent the entire show, compared to Kevin being only average. I knew Ed was not going to win when he decided to place dessert in Ilans hands. He should have made fried bananas served w/ ice cream voila winner.

I dont really like how when they judge the only take into account the dishes prepared that evening. Previous dishes should also be a portion of the criteria.

I do think that Hung did most of the work for Angelo, but it looked like Angelo really gave him the instructions. During the reunion show, Angelo made a comment about how he wouldn't have told the story (of him being sick) that way. I wonder what that meant?

And I definitely think Ed should have won. Haven't they learned by now that letting their sous chef have too much input is the kiss of death? :lol:

lovinmaryland

I do think that Hung did most of the work for Angelo, but it looked like Angelo really gave him the instructions. During the reunion show, Angelo made a comment about how he wouldn't have told the story (of him being sick) that way. I wonder what that meant?

And I definitely think Ed should have won. Haven't they learned by now that letting their sous chef have too much input is the kiss of death? :lol:

He said he would have wrote the story of the finale different... meaning he wishes he wasnt sick for the finale.

From what they showed on the finale Hung tried to call him several times and he didnt answer so he just did what he thought was good. In the store he said there is such and such you could do this with it, and Angelo was like yeah get it. Hung made all the sauces, prepped all veggies & proteins, he made the soup, what other than throw the things together (also with Hungs help) did Angelo do :confused:

You can bet your ass if I was in the finale I would have been all :nono: if he cant shop, come up with his menu, and prep like us then he shouldnt be allowed to compete. I mean we are talking $50k here.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
During the reunion show, Angelo made a comment about how he wouldn't have told the story (of him being sick) that way. I wonder what that meant?
Didn't he say something like "If I could go back and write the story, I wouldn't write it that way"? I took it to mean that if he could go back, he would have handled things differently. But I think maybe I misinterpreted, because I wasn't paying 100% attention at that point and Angelo is really annoying. :lol: He probably didn't enjoy being shown in a vulnerable position and didn't like the way he was portrayed.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
hahah i remember that episode..they said "pea puree" probably 100 times. Lol. I didn't see him make it, so i don't know if that is tricky editing or what, but I totally think he stole it. And that is grimy.

Cowgirl

He said he would have wrote the story of the finale different... meaning he wishes he wasnt sick for the finale.

Didn't he say something like "If I could go back and write the story, I wouldn't write it that way"? I took it to mean that if he could go back, he would have handled things differently. But I think maybe I misinterpreted, because I wasn't paying 100% attention at that point and Angelo is really annoying. :lol: He probably didn't enjoy being shown in a vulnerable position and didn't like the way he was portrayed.

I thought he meant the producers edited it badly or something, like maybe he was sicker than they showed, or maybe they made it seem like he didn't communicate with Hung.

All I know is that if I was a judge I wouldn't want some sick-as-a-dog contestant cooking for me. :lmao:

And I can't wait for the All-Stars season! :clap: I wish they were bringing Kevin from last season back. He should have won!

Last edited:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I thought he meant the producers edited it badly or something, like maybe he was sicker than they showed, or maybe they made it seem like he didn't communicate with Hung.

All I know is that if I was a judge I wouldn't want some sick-as-a-dog contestant cooking for me. :lmao:

And I can't wait for the All-Stars season! :clap: I wish they were bringing Kevin from last season back. He should have won!

I was hoping they'd bring back Bryan Voltaggio and Sam Talbot. :hot: :lmao:

lovinmaryland

At least they're giving us Fabio! I love him!

It is going to be soooo hard watching the upcoming season because a lot of my favorites are in there. I love Stephen and Tiffany from the first season, but wish they would have also brought back Dave he was so awesome "I'm not your #####, #####" I use that line all time here at work :lmao:
Marcel should have won his season, so I am really excited he will be back. Same with Richard he should have won I think they were really pressed on needing to have a female Top Chef so Steph won. Glad Jaime, Carla , Tiffany & Jenn will be on there they were girls who could actually cook head to head with the guys!

I dont like Casey and not sure why they brought her back other than for eye candy purposes. And they only brought back Dale and Angelo because everyone loaths them.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I'm agreeing with all of you about everything! :lol: except, I would have loved to have seen Stefan Richter in the kitchen again. He was so dang arrogant it made for entertaining TV. Much more so than Angelo. :lol:

Cowgirl

I only started watching Top Chef in season 3. I'm going to have to see if I can get the first 2 seasons somewhere. I want to know the background of the people from the first 2 seasons before we start the all-stars. I didn't mind Angelo so much. He's slightly cocky, but it's ok.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Don't forget, Top Chef All Stars starts tonight at 10! It appears that Anthony Bourdain will be the fourth judge this season.

Cowgirl

Don't forget, Top Chef All Stars starts tonight at 10! It appears that Anthony Bourdain will be the fourth judge this season.

Thank you for the reminder!!! :love: I don't know if my DVR would have caught it with the title change.

Pete

Repete
i missed this tread way back and now I am intrigued. What is the verdict on the pea puree?