Mdc037-262245-
/o.new.klwx.to.w.0003.100426t2215z-100426t2245z/

Bulletin - Eas Activation Requested
Tornado Warning
National Weather Service Baltimore Md/washington Dc
615 Pm Edt Mon Apr 26 2010

The National Weather Service In Sterling Virginia Has Issued A

* Tornado Warning For...
Southeastern St. Marys County In Southern Maryland...

* Until 645 Pm Edt

* At 609 Pm Edt...national Weather Service Doppler Radar Indicated A
Severe Thunderstorm Capable Of Producing A Tornado 8 Miles West Of
Saint Marys River...or Near White Point Beach...moving East At
30 Mph. This Storm Has A History Of Producing Waterspouts Over The
Potomac River Near Cobb Island.

* Locations Impacted Include...
Saint Marys City...
Lexington Park...
Patuxent River Nas...
Saint Inigoes Creek...

Precautionary/preparedness Actions...

This Severe Thunderstorm Has A History Of Producing Tornadoes.

Take Cover Now. Move To An Interior Room On The Lowest Floor Of A
Sturdy Building And Avoid Windows. If Outdoors Or In A Mobile Home Or
Vehicle...move To The Closest Substantial Shelter And Protect
Yourself From Flying Debris.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Lots of hail @ our place. Wife made it home with the kids just before the worst of it hit @ our place.

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
I feel lucky to live near St Mary's college and can hear the sirens and loudspeaker for the campus.

highnote

I feel lucky to live near St Mary's college and can hear the sirens and loudspeaker for the campus.

I live in St Mary's City too. Today we could hear sirens (two different tones) and a loudspeaker, but couldn't make out what they were saying. I thought the sirens were from bay district fire department (we can hear their "noon" chime every day) but from this post, it sounds like these might instead be from the college. Any way to find out what the different tones mean?

Kra_zee_grl

So, what is the number we need to call to get signed up for the severe weather updates? I had that hooked up last year, but I did not get an alert for this current warning. Do I need to redo it each year? or is it a new system? or what?? Thanks!! I tried to Google it...no luck...ug.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
So, what is the number we need to call to get signed up for the severe weather updates? I had that hooked up last year, but I did not get an alert for this current warning. Do I need to redo it each year? or is it a new system? or what?? Thanks!! I tried to Google it...no luck...ug.

The number I receive it from is 800/566-9780.

eddie45

I received the call about the warning at 5:45. Since I'm in Chicago for work I'll find out thursday if I have a home.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

In Calvert County, we have something on the county website - re: emergency management or something similar.

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
I live in St Mary's City too. Today we could hear sirens (two different tones) and a loudspeaker, but couldn't make out what they were saying. I thought the sirens were from bay district fire department (we can hear their "noon" chime every day) but from this post, it sounds like these might instead be from the college. Any way to find out what the different tones mean?

The 'wavy' tone (pitch goes up and down) is the warning, the steady tone is the all clear. The announcer was saying "all clear" and "stay alert for additional warnings". Funny thing is my sis called from FL while it was going off and they were speaking and she could hear it. She's like-"how far are you from the college" " 'Bout a mile." I reminded her I lived in the country surrounded by farm fields (mostly). Mr A is from Southeast NE, he's used to this crap.