Tornado WARNING

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
We just get a shower, a few claps of thunder, and more wind than we had yesterday. Now it looks like it passed.

mitzi

I got the alerts on my phone. Loud enough to wake the dead. Nearly peed myself when it went off and I was asleep.
I gave my lawn guy a heads up. He was able to finish and loaded up just as the rain started.

I didn't even get them on my phone (2 phones at that). I only knew because I took off my earbuds and flipped it on Channel 9 news and saw the guy reporting. A little later on, they ventured into Calvert.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I didn't even get them on my phone (2 phones at that). I only knew because I took off my earbuds and flipped it on Channel 9 news and saw the guy reporting. A little later on, they ventured into Calvert.
Yup. News9 camera/reporter dude was at the Solomons boat launch around 11am when I was readying to put in. Heard a question behind me of what I though of the approaching storm. Turned around and said, "what storm"? That's when I noticed his camera at his side and upon my answer tilted it down, disappointed. He said, you aren't worried? I said about what? Nothing was supposed to happen till late afternoon, evening time. Plenty of time to have fun on the water. Besides I said, it's just a typical southern Maryland storm. Then he said, "yeah, but that's not what my bosses want to hear". Then he said he'd just go to the fishing pier and talk to those fishing. Maybe they had something different to say? I doubt it.

mitzi

If I may ...

Yup. News9 camera/reporter dude was at the Solomons boat launch around 11am when I was readying to put in. Heard a question behind me of what I though of the approaching storm. Turned around and said, "what storm"? That's when I noticed his camera at his side and upon my answer tilted it down, disappointed. He said, you aren't worried? I said about what? Nothing was supposed to happen till late afternoon, evening time. Plenty of time to have fun on the water. Besides I said, it's just a typical southern Maryland storm. Then he said, "yeah, but that's not what my bosses want to hear". Then he said he'd just go to the fishing pier and talk to those fishing. Maybe they had something different to say? I doubt it.

In the 80s when I commuted to DC there was impending snow storm. It started overnight and I decided I wasn't fighting it to go in. We were hammered here in St. Mary's. I watched the news during the day and further up the road and DC only got a little sleet and some rain. I thought "OMG, they'll never believe me". The next morning I went straight to my bosses office to explain to her. She started laughing and said she saw the reporters from Channel 4 down here. I was glad they came down here that day. I told her I thought nobody is going to believe me :lmao:.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If I may ...

You should have held onto something for dear life and flapped yourself around, cried and begged for prayers. Then you go, "This is all Trump's fault!" and start ranting about global warming. Then you'd have your own TV show on CNN and be pulling down the big bucks.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Last nights storm was one of the worse I have seen. Lightning struck close by and the dog barked as it startled her. We didn't just hear it- we felt it. A quick walk outside this morning and thankfully I didn't see any of our trees hit. Our property is sandy and it rained so fast and so hard, there are parts of our yard that are washed out more than they were.
On a bright note, I guess I won't need to water the plants today :)

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Well..guess what? Tornadic cell went zipping right by the end of our 300' pier and this is what greeted me this morning...
View attachment 158136
Already well on her way to being a serviceable boat again. Only thing still missing was the load of firearms...