Total return of U.S. stocks when the president is a ...

C

czygvtwkr

If you "window" the data you can make any President look good or bad, just the nature of statistics.

Personally I think the President has little effect on the economy, but I also think at best the stock market and the economy have a week correlation.

Have you ever watched the Bulls and the Bears (excellent show), back in the late 90's they were always debating about the issue.

I think the economy is in great shape considering all of the corporate scandals that came forth in the last few years and a major terrorist attack on American soil.

A friend of mine that worked for Boeing told me that they were going to be laying off people prior to 9-11 at a slow rate to not make it seem too heartless but the day after 9-11 they had an excellent excuse and he got word.

I believe what really fueled the boom of the late 90's was the PC explosion. Suddenly people were spending a good bit of money on an item that many didnt have before and to support this alot of very good paying jobs were created.

I also think the Y2K bug helped with the boom too, there was such a demand for programmers, they also got paid an ungodly amount to fix the mistakes of the last 20 years. Remember the gloom and doom that many computer experts predicted (thus creating them jobs), after this was no longer an issue the jobs slowly went away.

Who the President is has little to no effect on me financially, so I am going to vote for the guy that I like the best.