Traffic accident 235S @ Poplar Ridge Rd.

officeguy

Did any of them ascribe a gender to that name? I might have missed that, I'll admit.

Last sentence states: Griffin was pronounced deceased on scene and Hernandez was flown to Prince George’s Shock Trauma. At the time Hernandez was flown he was listed in stable condition.

As the text of all three websites was the same, I assume it was verbatim from an email sent out by MSP.

As for the head on 30 feet in the field, are you talking about that lady who managed to find the freaking hay bale right near Rt 5 and Park Hall? I remember that one. But I cant recall any local cases of someone crossing the centerline and doing a head on in the opposing shoulder.

30 years ago, different state.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Is anyone else a little disappointed that when a death occurs in a motor vehicle accident, that the person(s) that died is not the driver that caused the accident.

In both of the accidents last week that had fatalities, both of the people who died were the innocent parties. They were driving down the road, going along merrily, until someone else caused the accident. And BOOM, the innocent parties died, while the ones that caused the accident lived.

That pisses me off.

glhs837

Power with Control
Is anyone else a little disappointed that when a death occurs in a motor vehicle accident, that the person(s) that died is not the driver that caused the accident.

In both of the accidents last week that had fatalities, both of the people who died were the innocent parties. They were driving down the road, going along merrily, until someone else caused the accident. And BOOM, the innocent parties died, while the ones that caused the accident lived.

That pisses me off.

Yes, almost as much as the knowledge that we refuse to really hold people responsible for such deaths and usually let them off with token slaps on the wrist at best. Or truly spend serious enforcement time on the behaviors that cause the crashes.

officeguy

Yes, almost as much as the knowledge that we refuse to really hold people responsible for such deaths and usually let them off with token slaps on the wrist at best. Or truly spend serious enforcement time on the behaviors that cause the crashes.

The criminal consequences for killing someone with a motor vehicle around here are laughable. Part of that are sentencing guidelines that go easy on 'first offenders'. So unless someone already has a string of DUIs, they are considered a first offender and get silly sentences like '10 years with 9 years, 11 months, 30 days suspended'.

pbotz

These serious accidents are sad to see but as the somd population grows way too fast in my eyes we will see these more and more. Combine that with a good portion of the drivers on the road playing on there phones while driving its a battle field out there. I drive very defensive and its worked well for me over the years. Sadly i have to commute daily about 95 miles and have to deal with branch ave and the beltway. I cannot tell you how many times i have almost been taken out in some way or another. A car changing lanes as i am passing them on the highway and right next to him or someone pulling out onto branch ave and taking the turn wide and so on. Some days i say to myself its only a matter of time till i get hit or some bozo jams on the brakes in front of me to turn into a parking lot from the middle lane and i rear end them.
To me driving around st marys, Calvert and early Charles county is like heaven compared to what i experience starting in Waldorf up to the beltway and so on.

Sadly in this accident scenario the person who was driving normally and proper was taken out.

littlelady

God bless the USA
RIP. Very terrible. Too many in our County!!Where does this terrible stuff stop?
. It is people that don't understand how powerful their vehicle is, and do distracting things while driving. If you are driving, just drive. That was easy. I know other things can go wrong; health wise or other, but that is rare.

How about this story. We, actually, know this family through our dot, and her hub. They are friends. So sad. So horrid. Bing search.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=olney...-16&sk=&cvid=2256D011B831463E8A0412B51FB0FF37

Pregnant Maryland teacher who went missing found dead; boyfriend arrested

Last edited: