Traffic Alert Saturday Hughesville

OldHillcrestGuy

Unless you are going to the grand opening of All American Harley Davidson in Hughesville on Saturady April 8th, it would be best to avoid Leonardtown Rd (Rt. 5) from 10 till 4. They are expecting maybe as many as 4,000 vistors so you dont have to be a rocket scientist to know what that will do for traffic. If you are a country music fan local singer Austin Cody will be there.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll let my parents know.

When that place first opened, my cousin went there with his Harley to see about trading it in on a new one. They told him they weren't interested in used bikes. :shrug:

Pandora

Did anyone else pass that place when they were building it and think, what a dumb ass place to build?

That area is so congested already. It takes me roughly 40-45 minutes to get to work and I sit in a back up at Hughesville everyday for 20-25 minutes, and that is just every day normal traffic, no grand opening.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Pandora said:
Did anyone else pass that place when they were building it and think, what a dumb ass place to build?

That area is so congested already. It takes me roughly 40-45 minutes to get to work and I sit in a back up at Hughesville everyday for 20-25 minutes, and that is just every day normal traffic, no grand opening.
I thought they would be in a great position once the bypass opens. They'll have a nice wide road with little traffic so folks with new bikes can do burn outs.

aps45819 said:
That's what Clinton Cycles next door is for.

He wanted to buy a new Harley. H-D of Washington takes trades, just like a car dealership (at least, they used to). That's what he was trying to do in Hughesville.

He said he'll take his business elsewhere; like Waugh's in Orange Va.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Speedy70 said:
He wanted to buy a new Harley. H-D of Washington takes trades, just like a car dealership (at least, they used to). That's what he was trying to do in Hughesville.

He said he'll take his business elsewhere; like Waugh's in Orange Va.
I was under the impression the All American was owned by the same folks. They both have a Clinton Cycles next to them to handle metric trade ins since a Harley dealer can only have Harleys on their showroom floor.

HunterJJD

aps45819 said:
I was under the impression the All American was owned by the same folks. They both have a Clinton Cycles next to them to handle metric trade ins since a Harley dealer can only have Harleys on their showroom floor.

He owns Annapolis not Washington.

Owner is very nice guy, you would not know he is worth millions to talk to him. You could not pick him out in a crowd as the owner if you did not know him

But I still own a Honda

Pandora

A co-worker has this bike , I had to do the double take. At first glance, it looked just like a Harley. He said he gets that all the time.

Pandora said:
A co-worker has this bike , I had to do the double take. At first glance, it looked just like a Harley. He said he gets that all the time.

A true Harley person can tell that it's not a Harley. :wink:

I just talked to my Dad about Saturday and he said he was thinking of taking his antique Harley up there, but it'll be too crowded. So, he's not. :ohwell:

OldHillcrestGuy

HunterJJD said:
Owner is very nice guy, you would not know he is worth millions to talk to him. You could not pick him out in a crowd as the owner if you did not know him

Ive never met him but have seen pictures and your right you would not picture him to be worth millions. Understand really great guy and does alot for the community. If you check out AustinCody.com website he did benefit for disaster relief last year, there are some pictures of him out there.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Speedy70 said:
A true Harley person can tell that it's not a Harley.
ANYBODY that rides could tell thats not a Harley :lol:
I always got a kick out of folks coming up and asking if my bike was a Harley. I'd ask if they ride and the usual reply was "No, but if I did, I'd ride a Harly." Gotta admire their marketing dept. :lol:

HunterJJD

aps45819 said:
ANYBODY that rides could tell thats not a Harley :lol:
I always got a kick out of folks coming up and asking if my bike was a Harley. I'd ask if they ride and the usual reply was "No, but if I did, I'd ride a Harly." Gotta admire their marketing dept. :lol:

if you have to ask,,,, well you can fill in the blanks

FYI (shameless plug) -

This is my Dad. He was on a set of SkyBox Harley Davidson collector cards in 1994. The flip side of the card has a picture of my grandfather on the same Harley from back in the '20's. Not sure why they mention 'tribute to the armed forces' in the auction...bozos. :lmao: Anyway, it's a 1917 HD and has been in the family since new. My Dad restored it after it sat in the barn for 62 years.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Harley-Davidson...yZ122246QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
HunterJJD said:
if you have to ask,,,, well you can fill in the blanks
I always figured that was just what the faithful said because they couldn't present any quantifiable evidence as to the superiority of an HD.
Again, my hat's off to the marketing dept.