vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Exactly the response I was expecting :yawn:

Well sure. That's how I consistently respond to little wieners who whine and cry: I mock them as they deserve.

It's a freaking community project. Either volunteer or don't. Griping about them asking for help just makes you look like a gootz.

OccamsRazor

Well sure. That's how I consistently respond to little wieners who whine and cry: I mock them as they deserve.

It's a freaking community project. Either volunteer or don't. Griping about them asking for help just makes you look like a gootz.
Fair point however, if you had bothered to READ THE THREAD you would have seen that I was not the one who "mocked" or "whined" about it. But, I will be sure to let you know in the future when you decide to call someone out without proper cause.

By the way... ever respond with your alternate travel suggestion? Ya' know... since you mocked those that had to travel via airplane and then whined about having alternatives... :rolleyes:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Fair point however, if you had bothered to READ THE THREAD you would have seen that I was not the one who "mocked" or "whined" about it. :rolleyes:

Perhaps YOU need to read the thread, because my comment was in general and didn't mention you NOR did I quote you. I did quote Clem, so if anyone should come unglued it's him.

GFY :flowers:

OccamsRazor

Perhaps YOU need to read the thread, because my comment was in general and didn't mention you NOR did I quote you. I did quote Clem, so if anyone should come unglued it's him.

GFY :flowers:
Reading is fundamental and get your back peddling straight :yay:
Your "general" comment was to slam everyone who had already commented. I was one of them.
Regardless, my point is still valid.

So... was the alternative like everyone else has said? Still waiting on that answer :whistle:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I got a lot of satisfaction when I volunteered helping out in various state parks.

The 1 thing that turned me off was an experience I had at the C & O canal. They had a kid's fishing day. Volunteers helped the kids catch fish. But with a lot of kids and few volunteers, the line of kids needing helps never ends. 1 parent told me I needed to "do something", because his kid cast into a tree and lost his hook. I guess it was above this guy to tie a hook on his kid's line. So instead he bitches to me while I was clearly helping someone else. Sadly that was the last time I helped out with that event.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I got a lot of satisfaction when I volunteered helping out in various state parks.

The 1 thing that turned me off was an experience I had at the C & O canal. They had a kid's fishing day. Volunteers helped the kids catch fish. But with a lot of kids and few volunteers, the line of kids needing helps never ends. 1 parent told me I needed to "do something", because his kid cast into a tree and lost his hook. I guess it was above this guy to tie a hook on his kid's line. So instead he bitches to me while I was clearly helping someone else. Sadly that was the last time I helped out with that event.
That didn't happen to be the Fishing Rodeo in Oldtown did it?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
That didn't happen to be the Fishing Rodeo in Oldtown did it?
It's the Family & Youth Casting Call held down by Fletcher's boathouse. It's usually in the spring. They net off a section of the canal. Then fill it full of panfish with a few bass mixed in. It's too easy to catch fish that way. When the event is over, they pull the nets. The fish then end up in the Potomac river.