Transcripts show Republicans’ scattershot strategy in early days of impeachment inquiry

transporter

So much for the bullishit that Rs have no ability to ask questions, huh?

Transcripts show Republicans’ scattershot strategy in early days of impeachment inquiry

The Washington Post has previously reported that Republicans have used the process to ask probing questions about the whistleblower whose complaint sparked the inquiry — and whose identity and alleged political motives have become a focus of Trump and his allies — and to try to find evidence substantiating conspiracy theories surrounding a Ukrainian role in the 2016 election.

But the newly released transcripts from Yovanovitch and McKinley — who appeared on Oct. 11 and Oct. 16, respectively — underscore how the Republicans’ strategy at that relatively early stage in the deposition process was more scattershot, covering a range of topics.

I guess the Rs and our incompetent, inept, and unfit President will have to find another way to justify or deflect from the President's actions.

CPUSA

• Love
Reactions: BOP

SamSpade

The first answer I get is, he lies all the time. Wow. A politician that lies all the time. Well, ya GOT me there.
I'd been previously under the delusion they all did that.

Another one is, he's "trampling on the Constitution" but that one doesn't go very far when I follow up with "what's the worst one you can think of" and followed by silence or a change in subject.

Sometimes I get "he's a racist" but aside from the obvious fact that it's not a crime, he's done more to improve the lives of just about every minority group in America than at least most of his predecessors, and as a consequence, although he hasn't gotten over 50% approval from these groups (kind of hard, since he's not breaking that in just about ANY group), his approval from them is much higher than other Republicans in the last thirty years or more. That's WITH the constant barrage of what a despicable racist he's supposed to be. I'm guessing the biggest cry of racsim must be coming from white people.

Lastly - they will call him "inept", "unfit" or causing other countries to laugh at us. (Right - because our two biggest adversaries, Russia and China always evoke love and praise everywhere). Aside from the outstanding economy just how unfit or inept do you need to be? Really? I'm reminded of the short speech the emperor Claudius gives (in "I, Claudius") when his legitimate emperorship is called into question, and he is called "half-witted" (he was considered retarded, but in fact simply had a speech impediment and stuttered). "I have survived to middle age with half my wits while thousands have died with all of theirs intact. Evidently quality of wits is more important than quantity!".

Basically, if he's "unfit", in my opinion he's doing a great job in spite of it, while previous administrations allowed the growth of ISIS and the annexation of Crimea, among other things.

Let's be candid. They hate him. They've discussed plans to impeach him since before he was EVEN NOMINATED. They tried to get electors to be faithless and vote against him. They sought to impeach him BEFORE HE TOOK OFFICE. They discussed impeachment less than an hour after he was sworn in.

Why do they hate him? Oh they have reasons, but where I sit the biggest reason is, he hits back. Democrats have had fifty years of Republicans who quietly take it on the chin and act all statesmanlike. Now, when they go on the tube and call him a traitor, he calls THEM third rate politicians. And they clutch their pearls and gasp, because they are like the kid who kicks the dog and THIS time, he bites. A lot.
Now - you hate him because of the Paris c

This_person

So much for the bullishit that Rs have no ability to ask questions, huh?

I guess the Rs and our incompetent, inept, and unfit President will have to find another way to justify or deflect from the President's actions.
What the people who think for you call "scattershot" is more likely just "listing the long series of problems with the whole process and those involved."