Treadmills

cdsulhoff

Try doing a jogging motion on a trampoline. This will give you a workout. I do this on my kids trampoline I tell you after 10 mins on that damn thing I am ready to pass out..

finelle

I have used a treadmill for almost 2 years now. More often in winter because its pitch dark and freezing cold outside!. Treadmill running never feels quite the same as road running and but it is definitely useful if you have limited time. But I get much better workout on streets . :biggrin:

Claff

I used to run a LOT, ran track and cross-country all through high school and into college. But one time I was running a fairly long road route trying to whip myself into shape for a triathalon and right about the point where I was going to turn around and head home my left knee started hurting pretty bad and man that was a long gimpy walk home. Ever since then I really haven't run a lot, but if I were to get back into it I'd do it so I'm always within a pretty short walking distance to the car whether that means on a treadmill in the gym or maybe the track at the high school.

H

hborror

Claff said:
I used to run a LOT, ran track and cross-country all through high school and into college. But one time I was running a fairly long road route trying to whip myself into shape for a triathalon and right about the point where I was going to turn around and head home my left knee started hurting pretty bad and man that was a long gimpy walk home. Ever since then I really haven't run a lot, but if I were to get back into it I'd do it so I'm always within a pretty short walking distance to the car whether that means on a treadmill in the gym or maybe the track at the high school.

I think I will stick with my tread it has helped me lose ALOT of weight. I can see how fast I am running and I can set my run time.

G

Gemmi

I like to run outside because it seems to be a better workout. I also run on the treadmill at the gym. The gym is great when it is bad weather or too hot or cold.Also the treadmill seems to be easier on your knees, ankles etc. than running on blacktop.