Trigger Happy Cops

black dog

Free America
I don't own a gun. Do you sleep with your gun handy because of the area you live in .? If it takes 10 min to retrieve it why bother having one .

I always have a firearm close, crime happens in all demographics my friend.
I dont sleep with a firearm, mine sits on the dresser.
My bedroom is on the second floor and I have a Chesapeake as a early warning if needed.
Seconds matter sometimes, i'm not a senators son, so I don't have a cop in my back pocket.
Carrying and staying proficient with what I carry means, no matter where I go I will never have to say, awww crap I wish I had my pistol right now..This is gonna suck.
That would be a really bad feeling.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Why do you carry a .45

Because they don't make a .46

Why do you carry a pistol, are you expecting trouble ?

If I was expecting trouble, I'd be carrying a Rifle

DaSDGuy

:lol:

It's interesting watching people gripe about crime, then gripe about criminal apprehension techniques.

Mistakes are going to be made. They will never be eliminated, ever. And even if there is only 1 out of 10,000 arrests that go wrong, Reason and the rest of the liberal media will be right there to rouse the rabble to demand something be done!! :jameo:

My suggestion is to just abolish all laws and let people fend for themselves. Seriously. Survival of the fittest. We're heading that way anyway with defunding police depts and DAs who won't prosecute. Criminals don't have laws and punishment, why should everyone else? And it would certainly eliminate once and for all this silly ACAB nonsense - no cops, nothing to complain about.
That would definitely reduce crime, because everything would be legal. Just make sure anyone can purchase a firearm and ammo without ID (like voting in Maryland) or investigation. No need to register them because that law wouldn't exist either. Bet those kids would stay off my lawn too.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
He walked the walk. Unlike a lot of people commenting here.
Still doesn't answer the question. He wasn't asked for an opinion, informed or otherwise, so why would your first post be "I'm not giving an opinion"? If his avatar was a sign saying "I'm Sherriff Cameron" and he was constantly called upon for a technical opinion on LE matters I'd give it to you, but he's an anonymous, possibly ex (or current) LE person. GregV814, please don't take this as a personal attack just a question on why.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That would definitely reduce crime, because everything would be legal. Just make sure anyone can purchase a firearm and ammo without ID (like voting in Maryland) or investigation. No need to register them because that law wouldn't exist either. Bet those kids would stay off my lawn too.

I watch those old westerns where the town is taken over by bad guys and the people are too afraid to fight back. That's always interesting to me. It would take nothing to eliminate the problem, but people are scared and intimidated.

So, they say an armed society is a polite society, and that's probably true....except that so many humans are cowards by nature. They don't want to rock the boat or make waves or call attention to themselves, so bullies just roll over everything until John Wayne comes in all, "Eat lead, you lowdown varmint!" We need to be a nation of John Waynes, except that so many are anti-John Wayne. "Oh, he's mean! He's so violent! Stop antagonizing the bandits! Do as they say so no one will get hurt!"

It's crazy.

I'm pretty sure We the People could dish out justice a lot more efficiently AND judiciously than our actual justice system (which is so the opposite of justice we should call it like "jumbo shrimp" or "plastic silverware"). I trust my neighbor to have my back and exercise common sense better than any cop or judge.

So...yeah. Get rid of laws and let us work it out. When the bullies come riding in, some will cower and some will take care of them. No fuss, no muss.

Kinnakeet

How does one use a firearm as self protection when its locked in a safe?
Should I get a bore lock and install it on my daily carry?
Or do I keep it at home in a vault and tell the guy robbing me.... Hang on a second here....i'll be back in 10 min i need to go and retrieve my roscoe locked up at home...

Quit listening to the liberals, keep your heater where its comfortable for You.
GD right

Kinnakeet

You know how people will talk of responsible gun ownership. Keep your gun locked away and safe. Why does this guy have his gun laying next to him .? Is he expecting something bad could happen or its the way he lives his life.
I always have my gun next to me at home and loaded and ready to go if need be
Locked away is the most ignorant thing you can do keep them weapons ready and at arms length because you never know

Hijinx

IMO a western movie where the town is afraid is not a historical representation of fact.
Most of those people who went west had courage and many of them were also involved in the fighting of the Civil War. Western people IMO were a pretty courageous group. Lots of lynchings there too and horse thieves were hanged on the spot.

Kinnakeet

I always have a firearm close, crime happens in all demographics my friend.
I dont sleep with a firearm, mine sits on the dresser.
My bedroom is on the second floor and I have a Chesapeake as a early warning if needed.
Seconds matter sometimes, i'm not a senators son, so I don't have a cop in my back pocket.
Carrying and staying proficient with what I carry means, no matter where I go I will never have to say, awww crap I wish I had my pistol right now..This is gonna suck.
That would be a really bad feeling.
Dam right..its better to have a gun and not need it than not to have a gun and need it
My weapon is much faster than dialing 911 and waiting

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

So, they say an armed society is a polite society, and that's probably true....except that so many humans are cowards by nature. They don't want to rock the boat or make waves or call attention to themselves, so bullies just roll over everything until John Wayne comes in all, "Eat lead, you lowdown varmint!" We need to be a nation of John Waynes, except that so many are anti-John Wayne. "Oh, he's mean! He's so violent! Stop antagonizing the bandits! Do as they say so no one will get hurt!"
Those who carry, concealed or otherwise, do not go looking for trouble. And if trouble is afoot, or hearing shots nearby, but not in the immediate vicinity, the proper action is to turn and go the opposite way. That is not cowardly. That is being safe. The carrying of a firearm is for self defense of an immediate threat to one's life, or the life of another, in the immediate vicinity of the person or persons. It's the role of "law enforcement" to head in the direction of shots fired or other trouble. And that is what the prosecuting attorney will argue against anyone foolish enough to try to be the hero. As a mater of fact, that is what is taught, and the advise given, by concealed carry firearm instructors.

BTW, there are many "cowards", even cowards that concealed carry. But even a coward, with their back up against the wall or in a corner, will fight to the death if necessary.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
If I may ...

Those who carry, concealed or otherwise, do not go looking for trouble. And if trouble is afoot, or hearing shots nearby, but not in the immediate vicinity, the proper action is to turn and go the opposite way. That is not cowardly. That is being safe. The carrying of a firearm is for self defense of an immediate threat to one's life, or the life of another, in the immediate vicinity of the person or persons. It's the role of "law enforcement" to head in the direction of shots fired or other trouble. And that is what the prosecuting attorney will argue against anyone foolish enough to try to be the hero. As a mater of fact, that is what is taught, and the advise given, by concealed carry firearm instructors.

BTW, there are many "cowards", even cowards that concealed carry. But even a coward, with their back up against the wall or in a corner, will fight to the death if necessary.
For every “rule” there are exceptions. If the nearby shots are in the vicinity of your occupied home, you’re going to go towards the shots.

black dog

Free America
If I may ...

I was always under the impression that LE's job was to uphold the law after the fact.
Remember LE has no duty to protect....