Trigger Happy Cops

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

For every “rule” there are exceptions. If the nearby shots are in the vicinity of your occupied home, you’re going to go towards the shots.
Nope. If one were to leave the relative safety of their home, because they heard shots being fired nearby, to investigate and to possibly confront any shooter/s, I sure hope you have a very excellent defense lawyer, because you are going to need one to attempt to keep your ass from seeing an extended stay at a federal prison.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I was always under the impression that LE's job was to uphold the law after the fact.
Remember LE has no duty to protect....
Very true. But you know as well as I, us mere serfs will always get the shaft if we try to play the role of a LEO.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
If I may ...

Nope. If one were to leave the relative safety of their home, because they heard shots being fired nearby, to investigate and to possibly confront any shooter/s, I sure hope you have a very excellent defense lawyer, because you are going to need one to attempt to keep your ass from seeing an extended stay at a federal prison.
You read it backwards, you’re outside and the shots are inside.

black dog

Free America
If I may ...

Does that opinion still hold weight if you are hearing the women one door away screaming HELP ME!!!!

black dog

Free America
If I may ...

Very true. But you know as well as I, us mere serfs will always get the shaft if we try to play the role of a LEO.

I take a carry refresher class every year or two given by a pretty popular Indiana attorney.
I also have carry insurance.
Not that I want too, but its seemes prudent the last ten years or so.
Also Indiana is alot different than Md....

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Does that opinion still hold weight if you are hearing the women one door away screaming HELP ME!!!!
There will always be certain situations where one must weigh all available information and take an appropriate course of action. In your hypothetical scenario, it is a legitimate course of action to intervene on behalf of the woman, if, the person doing so, is capable of doing so. Seeing as a LE response would be long in coming. Of course this does not mean you can shoot the perp, unless the perp has a weapon in hand. A baseball bat to the head to an unarmed attacker, to stop the attack, sure.

black dog

Free America
If I may ...

There will always be certain situations where one must weigh all available information and take an appropriate course of action. In your hypothetical scenario, it is a legitimate course of action to intervene on behalf of the woman, if, the person doing so, is capable of doing so. Seeing as a LE response would be long in coming. Of course this does not mean you can shoot the perp, unless the perp has a weapon in hand. A baseball bat to the head to an unarmed attacker, to stop the attack, sure.

"Think" I was in 'eminent danger'...
And you Never say anything until your attorney gets there...

Kinnakeet

Dam right..its better to have a gun and not need it than not to have a gun and need it
My 44 mag is much faster than dialing 911 and waiting

For every “rule” there are exceptions. If the nearby shots are in the vicinity of your occupied home, you’re going to go towards the shots.
Not if you have a 300 RUM you can safely launch Freedom chips from a long away safe place

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Amir Locke’s Killing Is A Grim Reminder That No-Knock Police Raids Are Un-American

Graphic body cam footage shows an officer kick the back of a couch where Locke is asleep under a blanket. As he rolls off the couch, a gun becomes visible and police immediately fire at least three shots, killing Locke. The whole thing is over in about five seconds.

Locke legally owned the gun and had a permit to carry it, according to his family. We don’t yet know why he was sleeping in this apartment, but we do know that police were not looking for him. Investigators have said they were looking for Speed and two other suspects, not Locke.

But we do know, or should know, this: Locke’s father, Andre Locke, was absolutely right when he said his son “never even got the chance to get the cover off his head. He was startled. He did what any reasonable law-abiding citizen would do. White or black.”

The case has understandably drawn comparisons to Breonna Taylor, whom police fatally shot in a midnight raid in March 2020. Taylor’s boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, a licensed gun owner, woke up to the sound of repeated pounding on the front door. He, too, did what many people would have done: he grabbed his gun.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Four police officers face federal charges in Breonna Taylor's death

Four Louisville police officers have been federally charged in connection with a warrant that led to a police raid of Breonna Taylor’s apartment. The officers charged are not the ones who carried out the raid but the ones who (allegedly) created the warrant for it on the basis of false information and then gathered afterwards to concoct a cover story.

“We allege that Ms. Taylor’s Fourth Amendment rights were violated when defendants Joshua Jaynes, Kyle Meany and Kelly Goodlett sought a warrant to search Ms. Taylor’s home knowing the officers lacked probable cause for the search,” the attorney general said.
The affidavit falsely claimed officers had verified that the target of their drug trafficking investigation had received packages at Taylor’s address, but Jaynes and Goodlett knew that was not true, Garland said…
Goodlett and Jaynes met in a garage weeks after the botched raid and conspired to relay false information to investigators, the attorney general alleged.
Officers who carried out the search warrant were not involved in the drafting of the warrant and were unaware it contained false information, the attorney general said.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Officer Brett Hankison

The United States Department of Justice Civil Rights Division is now taking its own shot at Hankison for the same conduct for which he was acquitted in state court, now on two counts of deprivation of rights under color of law.

The Federal indictment against Hankison specifies two counts of criminal conduct.

The first count is based on the DOJ claim that Hankison violated the civil rights of Taylor and Walker to be free of unreasonable seizure, by his conduct of firing into Taylor’s apartment.

The second count is based on the DOJ claim that Hankison violated the civil rights of the three people in the adjacent apartment by his conduct of firing the rounds that entered their apartment, characterizing these rounds as having been fired “after there was no longer a lawful objective justifying the use of deadly force.”

Detective Kelly Goodlett

Another Kentucky officer charged yesterday by the Department of Justice in the events surrounding the death of Breonna Taylor is Detective Kelly Goodlett, whom the DOJ alleges both conspired with other officers to falsify the search warrant affidavit for Taylor’s apartment, claimed to be a violation of 18 U.S.C. § 242, and also conspired to cover up this conduct after Taylor’s death, claimed to be a violation of 18 U.S.C. 1512(b)(3). Further, the indictment charges Goodlett under a general conspiracy state, 18 U.S.C. § 371.

The Federal indictment against Goodlett claims the following criminal conduct on her part.

First, the indictment alleges that Goodlett failed to challenge or object to a purportedly false claim made in the affidavit for the search warrant for Taylor’s apartment that the criminal target of the warrant, alleged drug dealer J.G., was receiving packages at Taylor’s apartment.

Second, the indictment alleges that Goodlett falsely asserted in the affidavit for the search warrant that other detectives had “verified” (scare quotes in indictment) that J.G. was using Taylor’s apartment as his “current home address” (again, scare quotes in indictment).

Detective Joshua Jaynes & Sergeant Kyle Meany

Two additional Kentucky officers associated with the warrants served on Taylor’s apartment were also indicted yesterday by the Department of Justice: Detective Joshua Jaynes, and Sergeant Kyle Meany. Both were charged under a single indictment.

The single Federal indictment that charges both Jaynes & Meany together, includes count one directed at both men, claiming that Jaynes and Meany wrote out and approved, respectively, the search warrant directed at Taylor’s apartment knowing it to be false.

Specifically, the search warrant approved for Taylor’s apartment was based on affidavits sworn by Jaynes & Meany. The indictment claims that both officers knew the affidavit contained false, misleading, and out-of-date information, that the affidavit omitted material information, and that the officers knew they lacked probable cause for the warrants. Further, the officers knew the search warrants would be executed by armed police officers, thus creating a dangerous situation for anyone on the premises subject to search.

This alleged conduct is the basis for the first count in this indictment for deprivation of rights under color of law, under 18 U.S.C. 242.

Hijinx

If I were a Police Officer it would be a cold day in hell before I was made a party to one of these raids.

If you weren't killed by a drug dealer making the raid you could end up in prison for life for being there when the drug dealer or his girl friend got killed.
The State says you were innocent of wrongdoing but the FEDS, who don't have time to indict Hunter Biden have the time to kiss some liberal ass by prosecuting police officers.

Try to stay safe until we get rid of the democrats and their posturing for votes from the dark side.

herb749

If I were a Police Officer it would be a cold day in hell before I was made a party to one of these raids.

If you weren't killed by a drug dealer making the raid you could end up in prison for life for being there when the drug dealer or his girl friend got killed.
The State says you were innocent of wrongdoing but the FEDS, who don't have time to indict Hunter Biden have the time to kiss some liberal ass by prosecuting police officers.

Try to stay safe until we get rid of the democrats and their posturing for votes from the dark side.

More election pandering .

black dog

Free America
just a matter of time before SOME of you second guessers start a standing O when officers are killed.

Sad times indeed.
Is that just when they are shot while working or are you including unhealthy lifestyles, suicide, poor driving and Covid?

DaSDGuy

Wonder why cops may be quick to have their guns out? Just over the last 24 hours:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
At this point... Pull ALL the cops out of every major city and send in the ED-209s.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Former Louisville detective to plead guilty in Breonna Taylor shooting case, lawyer says

She stands accused of falsely saying a postal inspector had confirmed to her that Ms Taylor was receiving packages for her ex-boyfriend, Jamarcus Glover, to justify the raid that led to Ms Taylor’s killing. The prosecution also alleges that Ms Goodlett then filed a false report to cover it up.

Ms Goodlett was ordered not to contact former colleagues and codefendants Sergeant Kyle Meany, and former detectives Joshua Jaynes and Brett Hankison, who are facing more serious charges.