Trimming Dogs Nails

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I NEED NAIL HELP !! with my dogs...they are so THICK and LONG... I end up going to stupid petco to get my boy bathed and nails trimmed, because I'm too afraid of hurting him, they grow so fast and are SO long they are tearing up my hardwood floor too !! You said a dremmel, you think that would be best for my large boxer boy? My little girl is so young I will clip hers, they are thin still like puppy nails.

I will help you... :yay:

If you can hold him.... I can trim/dremel ... I usually start with trimming.. and intro them to the dremel

start the pup off now with the trimming and dremel and you will be set... and you will gain confidence to do it yourself!

torphichen

I NEED NAIL HELP !! with my dogs...they are so THICK and LONG... I end up going to stupid petco to get my boy bathed and nails trimmed, because I'm too afraid of hurting him, they grow so fast and are SO long they are tearing up my hardwood floor too !! You said a dremmel, you think that would be best for my large boxer boy? My little girl is so young I will clip hers, they are thin still like puppy nails.

Countryside Pet Grooming in Hughesville is close to both Mechanicsville and Waldorf. They can groom any breed dog and cut and dremel nails if requested.
Their number is 301-274-4440. Angie has been grooming for 20 years and is owner of Countryside Kennels in Owings, Countrysides Pet Paradise in Leonardtown and the Hughesville location which is at the Bargain Barns

frequentflier

happy to be living
When people get puppies, it is a good idea to handle their paws a LOT right from the start. If you are cuddling and watching tv, touch and rub their paws and nails to lessen the trauma and drama that could occur. Start trimming their nails when they are young, too.
If you have an older dog, do the same- touching and rubbing their paws and get them used to you handling them there.

Lusby_scrapper

:dingding:
When people get puppies, it is a good idea to handle their paws a LOT right from the start. If you are cuddling and watching tv, touch and rub their paws and nails to lessen the trauma and drama that could occur. Start trimming their nails when they are young, too.
If you have an older dog, do the same- touching and rubbing their paws and get them used to you handling them there.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Hubby used Dremel too last night and it worked great and it was so much faster. Thanks!!!:buddies:

:high5:

glad it works for you also!! (just watch out .. it does heat the nails up faster... and it will take chunks of skin from you if the dog moves.. :jet: found this out the hard way :whistle::cds:)

Roxie04

My doxie HATES for her feet to betouched in any way shape or form............so she freaks when I try to do her nails.
I have found out taking her to PETCO and getting them trimmed is worth the trip and money. Most of the time the same woman does it, coms out from benind the counter and clips her nails while I hold her. Takes all of 5 minutes. Her nails grow sooooo fast even with walks, digging and constant running around. Wish mine grew like hers..........