Trolls or Sock Puppets?

High EGT

Gort! Klaatu barada nikto
I see hijacked threads all the time. Or posts with a link without comment.

Are these folks Trolls or Sock Puppets?

Trolls, Flame Wars & CyberStalkers: TROLLS ARE MAKING THEIR MARK ON THE INTERNET

Had to laugh when I compare definitions of this article to some of more prolific posters without comment.

Depends on what is posted. An an example such as nhboy who habitually copies and past stories without so much as a phrase of his own to at least lead in to the story is often accused of supporting anti America propaganda stories and would be regarded by some formites as a Troll. Others such as Forestal fit more into the Troll mode since its in their own words that site the confrontation.

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
:yeahthat:

It takes no time to cut and paste an article. Time wasting for those who really have an opinion on a particular subject. Trolling on boards is extensively examined on DU and Daily Kooks as a political tool to waste folks time so they can't get educated on a particular subject.

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
Awwww, musta pizzed off nhboy!

Trolls or Sock Puppets? 02-29-2008 06:53 AM How about I put a sock puppet of Al Gore on one hand and a sock puppet of Rick James on the other, throw some jalapenos and manatee sperm on them and cram one in your piehole and the other up your ass :yay:

hehe, I've actually met Rick James, weird dude. This must be a reference to my qualification as a submarine spec ops sailor (or someone with an anal fetish) :lmao::lmao::lmao:

What's that ole saying? Stick a sock in it!

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
I didn't imply what you inferred.

I don't imply anything, I'll just come out and say it. The giver of karma should have the 'nads to have an open debate. But most folks like that particular karma giver, have no factual argument and therefore, always bring a knife to a gunfight.

KY anyone?

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
I didn't imply what you inferred.

I don't imply anything, I'll just come out and say it. The giver of karma should have the 'nads to have an open debate. But most folks like that particular karma giver, have no factual argument and therefore, always bring a knife to a gunfight.

KY anyone?

Might want to keep that stuff. You're going to need it if you're gonna try to be serious around here. :yay:

:lmao:

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
Good stuff to have at a debate. You can always give it to your opponent when they say something stupid and tell them to bend over.

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
Awwww, musta pizzed off nhboy!

Trolls or Sock Puppets? 02-29-2008 06:53 AM How about I put a sock puppet of Al Gore on one hand and a sock puppet of Rick James on the other, throw some jalapenos and manatee sperm on them and cram one in your piehole and the other up your ass :yay:

hehe, I've actually met Rick James, weird dude. This must be a reference to my qualification as a submarine spec ops sailor (or someone with an anal fetish) :lmao::lmao::lmao:

What's that ole saying? Stick a sock in it!

Since you weren't specific, which orifice gets which treat?

R

RadioPatrol

the was interesting :

Tragedy of the Commons

Hardin's parable involves a pasture "open to all." He asks us to imagine the grazing of animals on a common ground. Individuals are motivated to add to their flocks to increase personal wealth. Yet, every animal added to the total degrades the commons a small amount. Although the degradation for each additional animal is small relative to the gain in wealth for the owner, if all owners follow this pattern the commons will ultimately be destroyed. And, being rational actors, each owner ads to their flock:

Therein is the tragedy. Each man is locked into a system that compels him to increase his herd without limit - in a world that is limited. Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. (Hardin, 1968)

Tragedy of the commons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

GreenHornet

Surprised not to see any mention of me in this thread.

Of course I'm more of sock puppet than a troll. My goal on the forum is have fun. I enjoy reading reactions to some of the ridiculous things I like to bring up. The entertaining thing is that some people actually take some of things I debate to heart and get upset.

Sorry for the Hi-jack, I'm not a troll but a sock puppet.

Solja_Boy

Surprised not to see any mention of me in this thread.

Of course I'm more of sock puppet than a troll. My goal on the forum is have fun. I enjoy reading reactions to some of the ridiculous things I like to bring up. The entertaining thing is that some people actually take some of things I debate to heart and get upset.

Sorry for the Hi-jack, I'm not a troll but a sock puppet.

I like Pink Gloves more than trolls or sock pupets.