True Love's First Kiss

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
New scene from Disneyland's Snow White ride is prompting backlash

"The new grand finale of Snow White's Enchanted Wish is the moment when the Prince finds Snow White asleep under the Evil Queen's spell and gives her "true love's kiss" to release her from the enchantment," the outlet writes. "A kiss he gives to her without her consent, while she's asleep, which cannot possibly be true love if only one person knows it's happening."

"Haven't we already agreed that consent in early Disney movies is a major issue? That teaching kids that kissing, when it hasn't been established if both parties are willing to engage, is not OK?," The San Francisco Gate continues. "It's hard to understand why the Disneyland of 2021 would choose to add a scene with such old fashioned ideas of what a man is allowed to do to a woman, especially given the company's current emphasis on removing problematic scenes from rides like Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain. Why not re-imagine an ending in keeping with the spirit of the movie and Snow White's place in the Disney canon, but that avoids this problem?"

glhs837

Power with Control
Wait, so the next time I'm in the frikn magic forest, I should kiss the 100 year old princess in the glass case? I'll remember that. Has any male in the history of males thought it was okay to kiss a sleeping stranger because they SAW SNOW FRIKEN WHITE?!!!!!!

Hijinx

These "woke" people are completely nuts.
The whole story leads up to that kiss.
What was he supposed to do to wake her?

If we let this bunch be in charge of what kids are taught we will have one crazy world coming , and it appears that is our future.

SamSpade

Oh please --

This is just following the idea held by people that - the ONE is out there, and you need to find them. They've already been chosen for you since the moment you arrived in this world, and you were MEANT for them, and THEY for you. "True love" in fairy tales isn't a description of a relationship, it's a label of DESTINY.

I have a good, dear friend who is very intelligent but at an emotional level after many years STILL believes that first overwhelming rush of emotions you get at the start of a relationship - if it wanes - then they're not it.

If there's anything objectionable about fairy tales - THAT would be it. I find it hard to believe that THIS other stuff is what they fuss over, ignoring magic spells and curses and dwarves and witches and such.

Frankly - if you hold almost ANY rom-com up to scrutiny - you'll find them rife with crap. They are entertainment - they all start with our main characters whom we know will fall in love disliking each other - one will betray the other or do something awful - but all will be forgiven in the end because it's the kind of stuff we want to believe is true. Who cares if it's baloney?

stgislander

PREMO Member
They are entertainment - they all start with our main characters whom we know will fall in love disliking each other - one will betray the other or do something awful - but all will be forgiven in the end because it's the kind of stuff we want to believe is true. Who cares if it's baloney?
I see somebody else has a lot of Hallmark movies running at home. :lol:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I see somebody else has a lot of Hallmark movies running at home. :lol:
I actually thought he was describing my one great romance. In another thread, I forgot to add that the very first time I met wifey was when she was 12 or 13. I was visiting her brother and accidentally knocked a glass off the counter and broke it. He asked her to clean it up. She goes to the broom closet and grabs the broom and dust pan. Cool. Then she thrust them at me and said, "He broke it. He can clean it up!" Ahh, love at first site...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I swear these people cast about constantly looking for something to bitch about. :lol: Imagine living your life that way, always trying to find a sociopolitical message in every little thing so you can gripe about it. Yikes.

SamSpade

I swear these people cast about constantly looking for something to bitch about. :lol: Imagine living your life that way, always trying to find a sociopolitical message in every little thing so you can gripe about it. Yikes.

Ever wonder HOW - year after year - pundits and politicians and people you know can be such fierce partisans - no matter what the issue, they're going to be convinced their party is right, even before they learn the details of a NEW issue?

Some of it - they're not. They're lying. They KNOW it is crap.

But a lot of them, nope. Their party always is on the right side. Because they CHOOSE to see it that way.

I'm convinced beyond anything - if you want to, you CAN find fault with ANYTHING. You can arrive home and Monello has made a surprise gourmet dinner -

But he didn't clean the kitchen. Or - he did, but he failed to get the grease off the stove. Or he did that, but didn't wring out the sponge and the floor badly needs sweeping and dammit. he left the lid up. The world is full of people who CAN'T SEE he made dinner - they go right for the stuff that pisses them off, first. It's the Trump walks on water - "The President Can't Swim" thing. You just CHOOSE to find fault.

There are annoying neighbors and co-workers who just don't have enough to do. They HAVE to find fault somewhere.

I do TRY very hard to be the other guy, in most things. The one that calls the store or restaurant to tell them how great their staff was - to thank people for presents and things they've done for me, even if they were trivial and almost useless, because they could easily have done nothing.

Not so much luck in politics, though, I'm afraid. Hard to find redeeming qualities when their whole mission is to go against what I think is right or good or lawful. Or even wise. In politics, I think you can be wrong a LOT, because you adopt a posture regarding your actions. If THAT is wrong, wrong actions will follow it.

SamSpade

I swear the first time I saw my wife I knew I would marry her.
57 years and I never looked back once.

Me, too - but it wasn't a "thunderbolt" or a massive rush of romantic feelings - she just was the right one for me.
It was almost a year before I asked, but I kinda knew for sure right away.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I'm convinced beyond anything - if you want to, you CAN find fault with ANYTHING. You can arrive home and Monello has made a surprise gourmet dinner -

But he didn't clean the kitchen. Or - he did, but he failed to get the grease off the stove. Or he did that, but didn't wring out the sponge and the floor badly needs sweeping and dammit. he left the lid up. The world is full of people who CAN'T SEE he made dinner - they go right for the stuff that pisses them off, first. It's the Trump walks on water - "The President Can't Swim" thing. You just CHOOSE to find fault.

There are annoying neighbors and co-workers who just don't have enough to do. They HAVE to find fault somewhere.
You just described my dad. My mom used to say that he's never happy unless he's complaining about something. And she was right.

For his birthday, I made him his favorite coffee cake from my mom's recipe. Made it exactly the same way I have for years. "How was the cake, dad?" :hemmmena hemmmena hemmmena: "It didn't have a real cinnamon taste." :rollingmyeyes: "But was it good?" "yeah..... "

:doh: :makingfishingcastingmotion: "You couldn't just say that?"

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My wife and I went to the same church growing up, and were in the same Confirmation class back in 1976-77. The instructor, our pastor's wife, said we fought like an old married couple.

Thirty-one years later we were married. Today is out 13th wedding anniversary.

And you fight like an old married couple. Nothing but win!! :razz:

gemma_rae

My wife and I went to the same church growing up, and were in the same Confirmation class back in 1976-77. The instructor, our pastor's wife, said we fought like an old married couple.

Thirty-one years later we were married. Today is out 13th wedding anniversary.
Congratulations to you and Mrs. StGI, I wish you both a happy 13th anniversary and many, many more!🎊🎉

herb749

Have you seen the story of the guy on Jeopardy who held up 3 fingers to show he was a 3X winner but used the Okay sign and the wokesters said he was flashing a white power symbol.