Trueness to a specific religion...

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My husband is Catholic and I too am Luthern (non practicing). We were marrried at St. John's and we only had to go talk with Father Potts a couple times and then the natural family planning (ya right). We did go talk to Msgr. Brady at Holy Angels and he wanted us to go to the retreats twice at $400 each :yikes:

Our daughter was baptized at St. John's and I don't recall having to go through any sort of classes.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by RoseRed
My daughter was baptized at St. John's and I don't recall having to go through any sort of classes.

Mac was baptized there too, and her Dad and I had to go to a one-evening little seminar thing with other parents who were having kids baptized. It was short and sweet, and we just had to listen to the real meaning of being baptized, our responsibilities of being Catholic parents, and what to look for in a Godparent.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Well just to let you know how I think hon.:smile:

Religion is a branch. What I mean by that is, that all religion names started from one point. Catholic, Methodist, Baptist, Pennacostal...etc. believe in the same thing. they believe in GOD! and believe that he is the ultimate say. And that through Him all things are possible. Alot of them over time, put rules in to effect that suited their 'ways'. But that is just because its the way of the world. People do that to fit themselves. You dont have to be a 'part' of a religion to get the saving grace from God. You have Him, if you want him. And that is all there is to say about that. You find a church you are comfortable in, and that speaks to 'you'. As it has been said time and time again, where 2 or more are gathered. Your faith and your life with Him is what matters to Him. Not where you go every sunday or saturday night. Not how many times you kneel, or repeat something roboticlly. You know what I am saying? So anyway. You are on the right track hon. Religion's are a man made thing, faith in him is a God thing. And like my pastor says...one statement that is soooo true:

"Its Grace Stupid"

On a different subject.....

Catholic though, confuse me in the sense that they pray to saints. When saints are not to have significance. In that sense. That is why it is said in the 10 commandments, that you should worship no other gods before me. Would that not be considered praying and worshiping them...if and when you got something you prayed for?

K

Kain99

Originally posted by watercolor23
Catholic though, confuse me in the sense that they pray to saints. When saints are not to have significance. In that sense. That is why it is said in the 10 commandments, that you should worship no other gods before me.

Can of worm's alert!!!!!! :banghead: