Trump’s Second Term

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
If the economy is so great, why so much effort by POTUS and VPOTUS to get the fed the ease rates to .... you know, jump start the economy?
So, in your opinion, how is the economy performing currently? Do you think the robust economy is a fable just like collusion?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Let’s build some roads!

Don't forget the bridges.

As people who rely on our interstate road system for our personal pleasure, Vrai & I often toast Ike Eisenhower for setting up the interstate system. He sure made it easy for us to get out of town and see new places.

TCROW

So, in your opinion, how is the economy performing currently? Do you think the robust economy is a fable just like collusion?

As is standard, it's a mixed bag. BTW, I'm a business cycle adherent. Presidents have little to nothing to do with a poorly or well performing economy. They just take the credit when an election is at stake, or place it on someone else, as the circumstances dictate.

The economy is far, far more than the DJIA or other equity indices would indicate.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
So let's address this bullshit shall we?

First off, the economy is not--in any sense "insane". The economy is doing well. It is NO WHERE close to "nothing like anyone has seen". That is simply an ignorant comment that is not supported by any data.

[Blah, blah, blah]
File in the "And now we eat our own, too" folder.

Transporter really does want to prove that "no man is an island" (with "no man" having multiple meanings).

--- End of line (MCP)

SamSpade

and then you go posting crap like this ....... THERE WAS NO MUSLIM BAN

Not just that - two of those seven and later six nations were the big Muslim strongholds of Venezuela and North Korea.

The world’s largest Muslim nations such as Pakistan, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Saudi, Egypt and others - no Muslim ban. Muslims from every OTHER nation in the world were under no restrictions including dozens of majority Muslim nations but also EVERY nation, Muslim majority or not.

Of the world’s billion plus Muslims only the citizens of a few small Muslim nations were included and that was everyone - Muslim, Christian or atheist.

Once again - Dems foment outrage by grossly misrepresenting the obvious facts.

SamSpade

A household doesn’t have access to practically unlimited credit at nearly record low rates, which they set!!

No - but they do owe it, and the interest alone is swallowing up our revenues.
When it's low - 3-6% - it's manageable. When it's 12% and climbing, it's out of control.

We don't have a plan in sight for paying down our debt. In my lifetime - we never have.
And unless we have some fiscal restraint or be willing to do something about entitlements, we never can.
You can't tax your way out of it and still spend too much.

The only way I know that we can do it for the short term is to grow the economy - and curtail spending growth.
Increase income by X, increase spending by something less than X.

This_person

I can't believe a few of you took her seriously LOL.

Truby was trying to say Trump is doing what conservatives would not want him to do, and she was relishing in it. Much like I relished when Obama signed the "Bush tax cuts" into law permanently, or added to the "surge" of troops.

Trolling was what she was doing, and even ol' Tranny took her seriously.

:smfh:

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
If the economy is so great, why so much effort by POTUS and VPOTUS to get the fed the ease rates to .... you know, jump start the economy?
Because a better economy is like ice cream or beer...........more is better.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.

--- End of line (MCP)

truby20

Fighting like a girl
Sigh...

So he starts a trade war the weekend I post this.

Whatever folks, you got a live cannon, get him under control.

You’ll have president Biden, Warren, or Buttigieg in 2020 if you don’t keep this economy on the up and up.