Trump blocks Dem Memo

PsyOps

Pixelated
Not sure what you mean by "a la Comey-style". But yeah, give it to the press, read it on the floor of the House during a televised session, what-ever.

Schiff knows there is classified information in his memo, so he will never do what you're suggesting.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Schiff knows there is classified information in his memo, so he will never do what you're suggesting.

I'm not suggesting anything other than to follow the rules to the letter.

Had the President "personally and in writing" blocked the release then the matter could be moved to the entire House for determination as to whether to release it or not. Do you think that "we the people" deserve to see what the minority put forth on this matter?

Midnightrider

The committee already voted to release it, why would they need to vote again? As to blocking it the right to block it rests solely with the President or they would have allowed the executive agencies that provided the information to block it, right? I see nothing in the rules that allow for delegation by the President to staffers.
Again, the rules may read that way, but the reality and precedent may very well be different. I do know that if Schiff were to release that memo now he would be roundly criticized by the right.

Had the President "personally and in writing" blocked the release then the matter could be moved to the entire House for determination as to whether to release it or not. Do you think that "we the people" deserve to see what the minority put forth on this matter?
I think we do, which is why I don’t see why trump blocked it. Let’s see it all, including the fisa warrant requests. If crimes were committed they should be brought to light and prosecuted.

PsyOps

Pixelated

My understanding is that the *Whitehouse* (not necessarily Trump himself) legal team sent the memo back to be rewritten to remove the classified portions of it.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Again, the rules may read that way, but the reality and precedent may very well be different. I do know that if Schiff were to release that memo now he would be roundly criticized by the right.

If he decides to release it on his own, and it contains classified information, he should go to jail for mishandling classified.

Ken King

PREMO Member

I think we do, which is why I don’t see why trump blocked it. Let’s see it all, including the fisa warrant requests. If crimes were committed they should be brought to light and prosecuted.

Do you have instances of the "reality and precedence"? I haven't seen them.

I too would like to see the warrant applications, or at least a transcript of those proceedings. If abuses occurred then it needs to be fixed, that can't happen in a vacuum.

Ken King

PREMO Member
If he decides to release it on his own, and it contains classified information, he should go to jail for mishandling classified.

Even after the entire committee voted to release it as is their right?

Midnightrider

Do you have instances of the "reality and precedence"? I haven't seen them.

I too would like to see the warrant applications, or at least a transcript of those proceedings. If abuses occurred then it needs to be fixed, that can't happen in a vacuum.

It appears that this instance shows the reality, and if there is no precedent it is being set.
Do you have precedent regarding a block either way or just your reading of the rules?

Ken King

PREMO Member
My understanding is that the *Whitehouse* (not necessarily Trump himself) legal team sent the memo back to be rewritten to remove the classified portions of it.

A lawyer at the White House sent the memo back with DOJ objections attached, but that doesn't seem to be the process as defined in the rules.

Ken King

PREMO Member
It appears that this instance shows the reality, and if there is no precedent it is being set.
Do you have precedent regarding a block either way or just your reading of the rules?

The precedent was what led to these rules - Church committee on assassinations circa 1975. Ford wanted it blocked and the Senate released it.

warneckutz

Deflecting and defending treasonous behavior is a much worse look chump.

Stop saying well ollusion isn't illegal, or Nothing of any real import as far as national security or federal governance is concerned.

Get your head out of Trumps asshol* and hold him and his cronies liable for their shi*** treasonous unamerican behavior and stop making excuses just because he is putting money in your pocket.

You are scum like the #### bros.

There’s an example of someone who’s been triggered. And who wouldn’t say a peep in person. Weak.

Midnightrider

The precedent was what led to these rules - Church committee on assassinations circa 1975. Ford wanted it blocked and the Senate released it.

I see the precedent for the process, just not the part about the president not being able to respond through his counsel.