Trump Destroys Connecticut Governor's Claim the Strategic National Stockpile Has Been Emptied

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
"It's not emptied, let me explain something. What we're doing [...] rather than having it brought into the stockpile, where appropriate [...] we're trying to have supplies sent directly to the states," Trump explained. "Because we don't want medical supplies coming into warehouses all over the place and then we take them from there and bring them to another warehouse. So we're having them brought, ideally, from the manufacturer directly to the hospital or the state where it's going."

.@realDonaldTrump disputes @GovNedLamont claim that the Strategic National Stockpile was empty... explains that supplies are being sent from manufacturers straight to hospitals. pic.twitter.com/SvpyLSBTpz
— Matt Margolis ???? (@mattmargolis) March 31, 2020

Trump also noted that when he took office the Strategic National Stockpile was "virtually empty," a direct reference to the fact that the Obama administration depleted the stockpile of N95 respirator masks and medical supplies during the H1N1 pandemic and never replenished it.

Why would Governor Lamont make such a claim, implying that the Trump administration was no longer helping states because they'd run of out supplies? Is that helpful? Maybe for a Democrat who wants Trump to be damaged politically, it is.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/trump-...trategic-national-stockpile-has-been-emptied/

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
This also goes with the directive that POTUS gave the governors when he said for them to deal directly with the manufacturers to eliminate the "middle man", (aka the USG) and streamline the process.

I was a Never Trumper in '16 and between collusion, Ukraine, selective editing by media outlets and now trying to dunk on DJT for allowing FEDERALISM GASP I am firmly on board for 2020. Trump is no Republican, but now is not the time for a Republican OR a Democrat. We need someone(s) that think(s) outside of the self serving parameters that restrict the problem solving abilities of the people that make it to DC.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Apparently these Governors thought that their position was just about hobnobbing with wealthy donors and giving goodies to their cronies. Now they're like, "What? You want me to run a state???"

Christy

b*tch rocket
Cuomo was wanking on yesterday about having to try and outbid other States on the purchase of ventilators. He is trying to lay all the blame on HIS States problem on the Federal Gov't. He really annoys me.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Apparently these Governors thought that their position was just about hobnobbing with wealthy donors and giving goodies to their cronies. Now they're like, "What? You want me to run a state???"
Or scream "TRUUUUUUUMP" every time they fail or get caught in a lie. (Whitmer, Lamont)
Ban (!!!) the prescription of certain, promising drugs for treatment of CV. (Whitmer, again and Sisolak)
Cuomo stated he thinks that hospital staff is hoarding PPE supplies, Trump quotes QUOTES Cuomo and he replies I don't know what he is talking about. Media reports; TRUMP BAAADDDD!!1!!!!!!!!111