Trump on track to surpass all of Obama's travel costs in 2 years or less

Larry Gude

Strung Out
and that was AWESOME

Yup. Like him, love him, dislike him or hate him. There is NO getting around that he represented what most of us say we want; real change. It's a damn shame the Russians...err...the Democrats negatively impacted Sanders because then we'd have had a REAL election based on what we ALL claim we want.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
If I read '...a huge portion of her support from college kids...' true enough but my immediate thought is '...not compared to Obama who won." It's like saying Trump got a yuge portion of his support from Republicans. My immediate thought is '...not compared to Bush 43..." It's noteworthy that Trump WON with the GOP officially being against him and Hillary lost with official support.

So did it make my statement wrong just because her tally was less than BO's?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Yup. Like him, love him, dislike him or hate him. There is NO getting around that he represented what most of us say we want; real change. It's a damn shame the Russians...err...the Democrats negatively impacted Sanders because then we'd have had a REAL election based on what we ALL claim we want.

not going to agree with this at all. Yes Sanders would have been a real change, but in the exact wrong direction.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
not going to agree with this at all. Yes Sanders would have been a real change, but in the exact wrong direction.

Not agree with what? My contention is that most of us say 'I'm sick of the establishment!' left and right and then we line up like the lemmings they know we are and do as we're told. Trump voters actually did something this time to back that up. D's could have had they supported Bernie. They chose otherwise and obeyed their betters. As to direction, that's a separate question. And, I'd be happy to know what direction Trump is taking us if you know. :buddies:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Not agree with what? My contention is that most of us say 'I'm sick of the establishment!' left and right and then we line up like the lemmings they know we are and do as we're told. Trump voters actually did something this time to back that up. D's could have had they supported Bernie. They chose otherwise and obeyed their betters. As to direction, that's a separate question. And, I'd be happy to know what direction Trump is taking us if you know. :buddies:

I read it as having Bernie as president would be the better option, sorry. As far as what direction we're going, I'm at a loss. The direction I see and the direction that's being reported seem to be at odds.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I read it as having Bernie as president would be the better option, sorry. As far as what direction we're going, I'm at a loss. The direction I see and the direction that's being reported seem to be at odds.

No. I specifically said Bernie over Hillary. Not as potus. Lemme go check what I wrote. BRB...

Hijinx

I don't like Sanders, and I wonder why the liberals and kids did. Wellhe promised the kids free college, but that's all he had.

But IMO if the Democrat had backed him Trump would not have won.

This_person

I don't like Sanders, and I wonder why the liberals and kids did. Wellhe promised the kids free college, but that's all he had.

But IMO if the Democrat had backed him Trump would not have won.

I don't believe your last statement to be accurate.

People like Sanders because he represents an emotional feeling of "fair". It's not "fair" that some people are rich and you're not. Those people make too much money, and Sanders was all about taking their money and giving you things he thinks you should have with that money. Sanders was not about what is constitutionally allowed or reasonable to everyone - he was all about taking from the haves and giving to the have nots. As they say, he who borrows from peter to pay paul can always count on the support of paul.

The problems with Sanders' approach is that it doesn't work when the rubber hits the road, and hurts everyone in the long run.

I think the statement is inaccurate because I believe we have more than enough people with sufficient common sense that if the election were on Sanders' issues, Sanders would have had the vote of the college kids and welfare folks, and that's about it.

Hijinx

I don't believe your last statement to be accurate.

People like Sanders because he represents an emotional feeling of "fair". It's not "fair" that some people are rich and you're not. Those people make too much money, and Sanders was all about taking their money and giving you things he thinks you should have with that money. Sanders was not about what is constitutionally allowed or reasonable to everyone - he was all about taking from the haves and giving to the have nots. As they say, he who borrows from peter to pay paul can always count on the support of paul.

The problems with Sanders' approach is that it doesn't work when the rubber hits the road, and hurts everyone in the long run.

I think the statement is inaccurate because I believe we have more than enough people with sufficient common sense that if the election were on Sanders' issues, Sanders would have had the vote of the college kids and welfare folks, and that's about it.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree, Sanders would have gotten most if not all of the votes that Hillary got, which as they brag on was a majority of the popular vote, plus he would have gotten some votes from people who voted against Hillary and not really FOR Trump.

I agree with everything else you said. Sanders was a bad candidate and IMO only ran because the field was wide open.
If there had been any other worthwhile candidates from the Dems Sanders would never have ran.
His candidacy gave him a nice piece of change coming in from his supporters, he lived high on the hog while campaigning, his ego was boosted, and he got a nice vacation home from Hillary when he quit and backed her.

His upside went from an Independent no one ever knew, ever heard of, never had a bill passed to runner.