Trump proposes cutting food stamps for delivered boxes of food.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Wheres your proof?

Or is it just a feeling?

I saw it first hand for years.....no Benz but maybe a late model Honda, $150.00 nail jobs and hair weaves, but couldn’t pay for reduced rent via Sec. 8 or their electric bill. Also, very happpy to pick up a box of food with meat and veggies.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
We need a new emoticon for "crash and burn". Call it "sappy". Because that kid does exactly that with every lame argument he ever starts...

black dog

Free America
Glad the party of smaller government thinks the government should be in the business of telling people what to eat.

It seems it would be easy not to have the Government Plantation feed you... Get a job.. If one job is not enough, Get a second job..

We need a new emoticon for "crash and burn". Call it "sappy". Because that kid does exactly that with every lame argument he ever starts...

images.jpg

Chris0nllyn

It seems it would be easy not to have the Government Plantation feed you... Get a job.. If one job is not enough, Get a second job..

But you'd agree there are some folks that can't do that, yes? Elderly with little to no savings not making it on SS. Special needs folks who may only have a job making low pay, or no job at all. There are certainly people in this country that could use the help of the collective, unfortunately, that is lost on people that abuse the system.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I think Sappy went to his Safe space........
I think we need to easier on him.......he’s seems to be getting angrier and angrier everyday that Trump is president. I don’t think he’ll make another three years......just sayin’

officeguy

Remember when stupid people got mad because Michelle wanted children to eat healthier and people screamed about food choices and nanny states?

Well lets see what people think about personal choice and freedom of poor people.

"The Trump administration is proposing to save billions in the coming years by giving low-income families a box of government-picked, nonperishable foods every month instead of food stamps.

White House OMB Director Mick Mulvaney on Monday hailed the idea as one that kept up with the modern era, calling it a "Blue Apron-type program" — a nod to the high-end meal kit delivery company that had one of the worst stock debuts in 2017 and has struggled to hold onto customers. Mulvaney said the administration’s plan would not only save the government money, but also provide people with more nutritious food than they have now."

"For one, the Trump administration’s proposal doesn’t include fresh items, like produce or meat, which are the core of Blue Apron and its competitors. Such products perish quickly and are incredibly expensive to ship."

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/12/food-stamps-trump-administration-343245

Great idea. Going to cut down considerably on the fraud opportunities within the program. A couple of lead contractors to run the thing rather than tens of thousands of corner groceries. Also, this will fix the problem of 'food deserts'. According to the mysterians, poor people are fat because dont have access to healthy food as there are no grocery stores in poor neighborhoods. With this home delivery program, poverty is no longer going to be an obstacle to getting healthy food. Also, rather than paying the inflated prices of neighborhood grocery stores, this will be available through large retailers in competitive contracts. No more $5/gallon milk close to expiration date from a cooler in the back of a convenience store.

This is great on so many levels. Just put it in an amazon box and nobody will be able to tell who is poor and who orders his bread from whole foods.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
But you'd agree there are some folks that can't do that, yes? Elderly with little to no savings not making it on SS. Special needs folks who may only have a job making low pay, or no job at all. There are certainly people in this country that could use the help of the collective, unfortunately, that is lost on people that abuse the system.

I don’t think anyone is arguing that point, but we have a system that is ripe with fraud and corruption and it needs fixing.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I don’t think he’ll make another three years......just sayin’

Just that thought of that makes me all teary eyed. And just think what another seven years will do to him...he'll be a sobbing quivering mass of gelatin. Oh..wait...he already is that..

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I don’t think anyone is arguing that point, but we have a system that is ripe with fraud and corruption and it needs fixing.

We have a system that has been totally perverted..from being a safety net to being a Dem vote production and power-maintenance operation on a gargantuan scale.

This_person

To an idiot.

I thought you were for smaller govt and less intrusion. I guess that is only when it comes to the government and you? if its poor people its ok?

It would not be smaller or larger. Instead of giving cash, it would give, you know, food. If the program is to pay for food, why not just buy the food?

black dog

Free America

Thats what Family, Community Outreach and the Church are for. Its not the taxpayer responsibility.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm watching the news and they're being so ####ing stupid about this delivered food idea. "Oh, how's it going to be shipped??? How can you ship produce without it going bad??" Good grief, don't you people have local grocery stores?? "Oh, why should the government decide what people should eat??" Maybe because the government is paying for it? "What about if people have allergies??" You work it out, for ####'s sake. Why is this hard???

I thought about reading this thread but I'm pretty sure the usual suspects are being ####ing stupid, too, and I'll want to choke their dumb asses out.