Trump sells Qatar $12 billion in F-15s after accusing them of funding terrorism

Inkd

Okay, but Trump and congress could have stopped it/cut it off.

I don't know if he could have or not.

But, by him allowing the deal to go through while saying they need to stop funding terrorism can maybe be a subtle call out so that somewhere down the line if Qatar winds up on the State Departments list of countries we cannot do business with he can say they were warned.

Hijinx

I don't know if he could have or not.

But, by him allowing the deal to go through while saying they need to stop funding terrorism can maybe be a subtle call out so that somewhere down the line if Qatar winds up on the State Departments list of countries we cannot do business with he can say they were warned.

Where are all of the people who said Trump was not selling anything , that it would take years for these deal to go through.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
So that means Barry owns the stock market breaking 20000 and the other things trump and trumpers have been claiming credit for :yay:

Sorry, tardboy...Barry gets zero credit for that, because it happened IN SPITE of his efforts to the contrary. Just like the oil and gas boom...that sure pissed off the pissant..guarantee ya that.

Hijinx

I got no idea what you are trying to say

I couldn't find it, but back a couple of weeks, when Trump returned from his trip he was stating that he had closed a deal with the saudis for a billion dollars worth of weapons.

Some on here claimed that Obama had made the deal previously and that the deal would have to go through many stages before it was done.
The tone of the comments meant that Trump really hadn't done anything,. because the deal wasn't closed.

Inkd

I couldn't find it, but back a couple of weeks, when Trump returned from his trip he was stating that he had closed a deal with the saudis for a billion dollars worth of weapons.

Some on here claimed that Obama had made the deal previously and that the deal would have to go through many stages before it was done.
The tone of the comments meant that Trump really hadn't done anything,. because the deal wasn't closed.

I kind of remember something about that, now that you mention it.

It's been a while since I worked FMS so I won't try to say exactly what the steps are cause I'd probably get them wrong.

But, there are a lot of steps to go through before a deal is finalized. By being finalized, I mean an agreement approved by both sides and money to start being moved from a foreign government to ours. I don't know if that is what Trump meant by saying he "finalized a deal" or if the agreement was more of a verbal commitment between two government officials, pending the approval of the paperwork. There is a mountain of requirements to be met before a deal is "closed".

Then begins the contract phase of support, delivery, refurbishing of equipment to be sold, if required, training provided, tech manuals printed and all kinds of other things I can't remember.

Depending on what the definition of "done" is, the agreement being finalized, or contract being finalized, it will take years to complete altogether. But, usually, the agreement approval is fairly quick, in government time.

That's why I said about the Qatar deal that Trump could with hold delivery if the status of Qatar changes during the contract. One or two countries I worked on had their statuses changed while I was working the contract and we suspended all deliveries during that time.

Not sure if this makes sense or is what you were looking for. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me in FMS can chime in.