Trump unveils new red, white and blue Air Force One paint job

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
None of you Mensa members have bothered to notice that the paint scheme is the same as Trump's campaign jet...just with the blue on the bottom instead of the top??

Too stupid to pick that up, huh??
Actually no to both statements. We all DID notice it, but had a very large conference call (sorry, without you) and voted that we would say NOTHING about it; that we would all wait to see how long it would take you to make this very statement.

The over/under was 24 hours. I lost; I had you at less than 18 hours.

P.S. If you thought this was a stupid retort; just a reminder - mirroring.

--- End of line (MCP)

BOP

None of you Mensa members have bothered to notice that the paint scheme is the same as Trump's campaign jet...just with the blue on the bottom instead of the top??

Too stupid to pick that up, huh??
I read that article as well, sweet cheeks.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I might be in the minority, but I think it would be a mistake to change the paint scheme. The current paint scheme is unique and nobody mistakes it for anything other than AF1. It commands that "presence" that goes with being POTUS. The rest of the SAM fleet is painted in similar schemes (blue on bottom, white on top, gold/black stripes) yet not duplicating the uniqueness of AF1. There's symmetry among the fleet. If you took off the seal and "United States of America" lettering from the fuselage, and flew it around, almost everyone would still recognize it as AF1. It's earned that recognition and deserves to keep it.

We had a C-137C that got a different paint scheme back in 1988-ish and nobody like it and they repainted it to something similar to the rest of the fleet, yet different enough. Again that scheme didn't last long and it returned to the standard scheme. There's going to be differences based on the specific type of aircraft, but there is no mistaking the paint schemes as planes representing the US to anyone seeing them.

Must agree here. The proposed livery makes it look like a typical airliner. Not much different than TWA's livery shortly before they went under. And it also looks like an upside down version of Trump's own B752.

Tech

Must agree here. The proposed livery makes it look like a typical airliner. Not much different than TWA's livery shortly before they went under. And it also looks like an upside down version of Trump's own B752.
You can only do so much with three colors which seems to be the most common ones used. Maybe add the queer flag stripes down the side since it's pride month and all corporations seem to be virtual signal by putting it every where.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I like the proposed color scheme but keep in mind, it could always be worse!

24262941_3.jpg

Rommey

If I may ...

Olive drab. Simple. One color. Isn't shiny. Blends with nearly every Air Force plane and every Army helicopter.
Outside of the SAM fleet, the Thunderbirds, and the U2/B2, most AF aircraft are gray, not olive drab/green/camouflage .

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Outside of the SAM fleet, the Thunderbirds, and the U2/B2, most AF aircraft are gray, not olive drab/green/camouflage .
Well they should be dog gone it. A model of a C-130 I from a kit I put together in the 70's was olive drab. Was a big thing too. Wing span of about three feet. Took weeks of work and detailing to get that thing right. So ..... they must have changed the color scheme. And the SR-71 I did was black drab.:patriot:Kidding. But it was black and beautiful.

I'm old Army. Olive drab is my favorite color. It goes with anything. And can help conceal you in a wooded environment.

39686.jpg

I did one just like this one. Wish I still had it.