Trump White House "Toxic on a day to day level

Chris0nllyn

A number of these peeps are getting fired - excuse me, "asked to resign" - not jumping ship voluntarily. See, that's the difference between entrenched politicians and our businessman President: the party animals keep their dead weight; they also cover for their criminals and unethical scumbags and keep them on the leash. Trump tells them....wait for it...

"YOU'RE FIRED!"

Aren't the people getting fired Trump's picks? Picks outside of the establishment (drain the swamp, and all that)?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
If I'd have been her driver I'd have been fired.

Right after I drove over every pothole, speedbump, construction patch and elevated manhole cover in the district.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Aren't the people getting fired Trump's picks?

Why wouldn't they be? I've fired more than one "pick" I've made over the years. Way more than one. Some people are pretty slick with the resume and interview skills ..and turn out to be empty suits and failures. Like ole Barry Obama, for example. The skill that matters is how quickly you can recognize the hiring mistake, fire them, and move on.

Pete

Repete
President Trump once yelled at Chief of Staff John Kelly so viciously that, per the New York Times, Kelly told staff that “he had never been spoken to like that during 35 years of serving his country.” Trump once screamed at Attorney General Jeff Sessions so viciously that Sessions, per the Times, described it as “the most humiliating experience in decades of public life.” The president also once called up National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster for the express purpose of — you guessed it — screaming at him.

There is a clear pattern of Trump, through his own personal viciousness and carelessness, abusing and alienating his top deputies, publicly as well as privately. This obviously creates an extremely difficult if not downright hostile work environment in the White House.

The consequences can be hard to see on a day-to-day level, but experts say Trump’s repeated humiliations of his staff destroy staff White House morale, suck up valuable time better spent on policy, and drive away top talent. This makes the White House function less effectively as an organization, weakening its ability to deal with real crises like North Korea and Puerto Rico.

“This administration is toxic and dysfunctional,” says Paul Musgrave, a political scientist at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. “The weak link is Trump himself.”

https://www.vox.com/world/2017/10/5/16401488/donald-trump-management-white-house
I am cool with this.

Pete

Repete
Have you not seen how many people have been fired or resigned from
His administration already?

Are you really paying that little attention

Getting rid of under performers is good. What stinks is when administrations and agencies keep jackasses around "just because" and we all suffer. Kind of goes back to what made America great, the strong survive, which is the anti-thesis of the liberals where everyone is handled with silken gloves, never offended or held accountable.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Aren't the people getting fired Trump's picks? Picks outside of the establishment (drain the swamp, and all that)?

There are a lot of #### heads in government and those circles. Corruption pretty much comes with the territory and, as they say, if you want a friend in Washington get a dog.

As far as them being "Trump's picks", I'm guessing a lot of them are actually RNC picks and Trump went along with it for party harmony. And now he knows. That's why the bodies are hitting the floor so frequently. Note that the DNC closes ranks and enlists the media to protect and defend their #### heads who get busted. The RNC is less inclined toward that, and it appears that Trump has ZERO tolerance. Chris Christie, for example, who campaigned heavily for Trump and was expected to get a big position in the administration; not only did he not get a good position, he very shortly after got cut out completely. And later we saw why.

Remember that these people run in gangs with longtime cronies. Trump doesn't have any of those, and therefore doesn't owe anyone. He can cut them loose when they eff up or show that they're part of that swamp he wants to drain. Which just goes to show how freaking stupid and wrapped around themselves these people really are: if they were capable of aboveboard behavior for four short years, they'd have a nice cushy job. But they can't.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why wouldn't they be? I've fired more than one "pick" I've made over the years. Way more than one. Some people are pretty slick with the resume and interview skills ..and turn out to be empty suits and failures. Like ole Barry Obama, for example. The skill that matters is how quickly you can recognize the hiring mistake, fire them, and move on.

We had an employee actually get arrested on the job, at a client's location. :twitch: I didn't consider it a failure on my part when I fired his ass and I certainly didn't defend him and keep him on in order to "save face".

Hank

my war
We had an employee actually get arrested on the job, at a client's location. :twitch: I didn't consider it a failure on my part when I fired his ass and I certainly didn't defend him and keep him on in order to "save face".

Ha! I remember that...

Hijinx

I don't know how Trump got talked into Sessions, but to me that appears to be one of his biggest mistakes.
Worse is that he cannot fire him without encountering the wrath of the entire Senate.