Trump won’t help Puerto Rico

Restitution

Wait... I thought this was a thread about Puerto Rico???

And they all wonder why politicians spout with "GUN CONTROL.... GUN CONTROL...!!!"

They know that there are people like those on this forum who will cry about it until kingdom come BUT, will discuss it until the end of time and forget about the real problems :yay:

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
They would fall way short in numbers to do anything substantial.

The idea was actually studied. If they put together all federal agencies resources they could reach 600k.

That can't cover the whole nation to be sure, but enough to pacify key locations and move on.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You can't claim to only discuss mass shootings then use data from every shooting in this country to back your claims.

Especially when a majority of the shootings in this country involve suicide and murders (outside of mass shootings).

It is curious that a "mass shooting" occurs on a continuous basis in Chicago, month after month and year after year, yet Sappy and his ilk want to ignore that completely...and focus instead on the rare outlying events.

PsyOps

Pixelated
You can't claim to only discuss mass shootings then use data from every shooting in this country to back your claims.

Especially when a majority of the shootings in this country involve suicide and murders (outside of mass shootings).

What I find it particularly annoying is the left's ongoing desire to ignore the massacre that's going on in places like Chicago, but get all :jameo: over these mass shootings. And the reason is obvious: 1) gun control has failed in these places, and 2) these places are governed by liberals.

Last edited:

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Seems to me Democrats are ok with blacks killing blacks but are upset because the mass shootings tend to be white people.

It's inline with their racist nature and history.

Chris0nllyn

It is curious that a "mass shooting" occurs on a continuous basis in Chicago, month after month and year after year, yet Sappy and his ilk want to ignore that completely...and focus instead on the rare outlying events.

What I find it particularly annoying is the left's ongoing desire to ignore the massacre that's going on in places like Chicago, but get all :jameo: over these mass shootings. And the reason is obvious: 1) gun control has failed in these places, and these places are governed by liberals.

That's because they have no answer. They want to argue on emotion (because, let's be honest, they aren't calling for gun control after learning of a murderous weekend in Chi-raq) and that only works directly after something horrible like Vegas.

Sapidus

Speech is just as much a tool as a firearm is. Speech is used to send messages. Guns are used to send bullets.

The means in which I disseminate bullets is not mentioned in the 2nd either. A bullet is a bullet whether it comes out of a bolt action rifle or it comes out of an AR. Just as I can spray an area with a lot of bullets using an AR, you can send out one defaming tweet and it spread all over the world in a matter of minutes, ruining a person's life.

I don’t think you understand the definition of a tool despite being one. A tool is a
Physical thing Speech is not

Sapidus

Actually, Australia had virtually no problem before or after gun bans.

Here's some truthful data:

BS. The article I posted makes clear that mass gun violence was on the rise and that there have been no mass events since the ban.

But keep stockpiling in your basement. Statistics show you are only making it more likely you or a loved one is killed by those very same guns

Sapidus

I did no such thing. I used examples of mass bookings. The people on your side of the argument. Gurps to be exact tried use false information to bolster its argument

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
they aren't calling for gun control after learning of a murderous weekend in Chi-raq) ...

they have no leg to stand on ...
while Chicago Laws have laxed since they lost that court case ....
they are still some of the most restrictive in the county ....

but then politicians blame surrounding communities for the Guns in Chicago ...
like this MD politician on WMAL the Wed. Morning when he was called out about Baltimore Gun Violence
- Drugs / Gangs / Guns coming from elsewhere [and very easy for criminals to get]

Sapidus

Let’s see those claims backed up liar

PsyOps

Pixelated
I don’t think you understand the definition of a tool despite being one. A tool is a
Physical thing Speech is not

So speaking is not a physical event, both physically and biologically? Can you explain to me what happens in your body when you speak? Can you explain how that sound gets from that person's mouth to my ears?

Last edited:

Sapidus

What I find it particularly annoying is the left's ongoing desire to ignore the massacre that's going on in places like Chicago, but get all :jameo: over these mass shootings. And the reason is obvious: 1) gun control has failed in these places, and 2) these places are governed by liberals.
It’s because you are ignorant of the truth. Blacks are committing mass shootings killing dozens at a time like whites are.

Blacks kill blacks with the same frequency as whites killl whites. It’s actually more about economics then color

PsyOps

Pixelated
It’s because you are ignorant of the truth. Blacks are committing mass shootings killing dozens at a time like whites are.

Blacks kill blacks with the same frequency as whites killl whites. It’s actually more about economics then color

And yet you're silent about the black on black shootings that go on every single day. The murder count in Chicago alone is 529 just for this year. No one was calling for more gun control; not until a white guy shot a bunch of white people. What this tells me is you don't care about black people.

Sapidus

And yet you're silent about the black on black shootings that go on every single day. The murder count in Chicago alone is 529 just for this year. No one was calling for more gun control; not until a white guy shot a bunch of white people. What this tells me is you don't care about black people.

Classic. Recentering the conversation.

If that is what you get from my statement then it must be true that anyone who owns a gun or wants gun rights cares more about their gun then they do about human life. Oh except fetus’s. Those are sacred. Hypocrite

PsyOps

Pixelated
Classic. Recentering the conversation.

If that is what you get from my statement then it must be true that anyone who owns a gun or wants gun rights cares more about their gun then they do about human life. Oh except fetus’s. Those are sacred. Hypocrite

Well, why don't we just flip that around:

Mass shooting = TAKE THEIR GUNS AWAY :jameo:

The butchering of the most innocent of human life = meh! :bigwhoop:

It's obvious you only believe some rights are inalienable.

This_person

BS. The article I posted makes clear that mass gun violence was on the rise and that there have been no mass events since the ban.

But keep stockpiling in your basement. Statistics show you are only making it more likely you or a loved one is killed by those very same guns

The statistics don't back up your assertion.