Trump X2

Kinnakeet

You and I just have a difference of opinion on that. I'm not only okay with Trump bitch slapping them the way they deserve, I cheer it on and encourage it. That was my favorite part of his presidency - the way he took those turds apart and wouldn't put up with their chit. I was thrilled that someone was finally standing up to them.

Some people cannot be reasoned with. You can't have a discussion with them or debate them - they don't care how ridiculous they look and have an enormous appetite for spewing lies and nonsense. Democrats fall into this category and you've seen it yourself right here on this forum. It's rare to see a Democrat discuss what is and not fall back on rhetoric and blatant lies, then devolve into insults and name calling. I typically try to be civilized at first in hopes that a discussion can take place; people like Gilligan and Blackdog just cut to the chase. Trump did that - cut to the chase.

There are a ton of Republicans who think like you do: two wrongs don't make a right, take the high road, be the bigger person, yadda yadda. But it doesn't really accomplish anything other than making you feel superior. It's like that Mommy trying to be reasonable with her toddler that's in full meltdown, only to be met with, "You stink and I hate you! WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!" At some point these fit throwers only understand force. They see civility as appeasement, and appeasement as weakness, and now they've got you.

There is not one single time that Trump threw the first punch - every time he went after someone it was in response to their attack. That is worth pointing out.
You and I just have a difference of opinion on that. I'm not only okay with Trump bitch slapping them the way they deserve, I cheer it on and encourage it. That was my favorite part of his presidency - the way he took those turds apart and wouldn't put up with their chit. I was thrilled that someone was finally standing up to them.
That is what I love about him...tell it like it is and if your feelings get hurt go home and cry in your safe space

Kinnakeet

Would you still vote for him if he did that bit/%^ slapping with a bit more decorum? "Mitch has a truth problem". "Joy was chosen to emote well, not so much for critical thinking". Sounds better to many than Lying Mitch and Stupid Joy. The effect is the same. He gets to punch back. Sure you would.

To be clear, I want that punch back. I want someone to call them out. I want that person to not sound like the toddler themselves, which is often how he came across.
[/Q
The MSM/DNC line is, "Well, Trump should have been nicer to us and not answered us back, and voters would have liked him better." That's complete and utter BS. Americans loved him because he didn't grovel before those turds. Maybe Trump lost you and Psy and Mitt Romney, but he picked up a ton of others who were also tired of just sucking up Marxist attacks without fighting back.

I don't believe the Democrat line that the election was fair and square. There are too many irregularities coming out, too many election laws changed or broken to benefit Biden. They cheated, and I don't think there was anything Trump could have done about that, especially since he had enormous enthusiastic support at his rallies and throughout the country, and Biden couldn't draw flies at his infrequent appearances.

So I reject the "Trump should have been nicer to the Marxists and done what they said" line of thinking. Sure, he could have sucked up to them, but then he wouldn't be the President he was - he'd be just another filthy grifter politician.
GOD DAM RIGHT!!!

Kinnakeet

No, I believe in calling things what they are in no uncertain terms. If someone's a liar, they should be called a liar. Plain and simple. I despise carefully crafted speeches designed to manipulate stupid people. I find them insulting and much prefer calling things what they are.
HELL YEAH!!!

glhs837

Power with Control
Ok, I give up, Trump is flawless and cannot be criticized for anything. You realize taking such a position that your guy is perfect makes you part of the problem. Anything or anyone can do/be better. I reject this notion that there's only two settings available in human interaction, ******* or sycophant. You can say someone is lying without sounding like a 12 year old on the playground.

I also never said there were not shenanigans in the election, but I think with a little less of his inner 12 year old being his outer 12 year old, he still could have won. But we'll never know, because that is never going to happen.

Calistress

I think if "mean" tweets are a deal breaker for you, you shouldn't be allowed to vote at all.

I wouldn't vote for Jr - he's a fairly entertaining blowhard mouthpiece but I can't see him in a leadership position.

I can't imagine Ivanka would want it. Certainly she's had enough abuse the last 5 years, I can't imagine she'd put herself or her family through that again.

Now Eric Trump....he's actually smart, and knows his stuff. I can see him in the House or Senate, or maybe even Governor.

In my political thriller fantasy, they're grooming Baron to lay low until it's time to make his move, then get elected and lay freaking waste to the enemies of the People. Or training him to be an assassin.... Tiffany would be good for that, too - her sweet simple demeanor is a front to lull the bots, then she'll come out like freaking Xena Warrior Princess and take revenge.
Barron's autistic. He won't run.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ok, I give up, Trump is flawless and cannot be criticized for anything. You realize taking such a position that your guy is perfect makes you part of the problem. Anything or anyone can do/be better. I reject this notion that there's only two settings available in human interaction, *** or sycophant. You can say someone is lying without sounding like a 12 year old on the playground.

I also never said there were not shenanigans in the election, but I think with a little less of his inner 12 year old being his outer 12 year old, he still could have won. But we'll never know, because that is never going to happen.

Okay, why can't I have a different opinion without you getting all mad?

I never said Trump is perfect, I said that I'm not put off by the same things that put you off. Why does that bother you so much? I understand your point, I just disagree with it. You think Trump is an ahole; I don't. So what?

CPUSA

And you can go after them all day long. But you dont have to be a rude *** to do it. Works better if you aren't, in fact. Trump isnt a god, he's not without faults. And his faults as much as anything is what cost him the election.
You mean the way Mittens went after them? Or the way McCain went after them?...They weren't rude at all...
And how did that work out? Oh yeah...Trump's mean tweets aren't what cost him the election. It was STOLEN...I wished people would stop forgetting this, or are you somehow trying to justify the corruption in DC?

CPUSA

Man-cheetoan Candidate

You're sooooo clever!!
Please, indulge us with some more of your wit!!...loser...

glhs837

Power with Control
Okay, why can't I have a different opinion without you getting all mad?

I never said Trump is perfect, I said that I'm not put off by the same things that put you off. Why does that bother you so much? I understand your point, I just disagree with it. You think Trump is an ahole; I don't. So what?

I haven't acted mad, simply disagreed with you. And while are welcome to not be put off by them, my point has been that unlike you, I believe that there are millions of people who would vote for him without the bombast. One thing that bolsters my argument is that most everyone who disagrees with me keeps misstating my argument. I never said he should grovel, or do what they say, or act like Mitt and others. Again, there's a middle ground where you stand firm and speak truth without being insulting.

I dont mind him being an ******* as long as he's getting the job done, voted for him twice for that reason. But when being an ******* means you dont get to keep the job, well, then its a problem.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I haven't acted mad, simply disagreed with you. And while are welcome to not be put off by them, my point has been that unlike you, I believe that there are millions of people who would vote for him without the bombast. One thing that bolsters my argument is that most everyone who disagrees with me keeps misstating my argument. I never said he should grovel, or do what they say, or act like Mitt and others. Again, there's a middle ground where you stand firm and speak truth without being insulting.

I dont mind him being an *** as long as he's getting the job done, voted for him twice for that reason. But when being an *** means you dont get to keep the job, well, then its a problem.

Another area in which we disagree is that you seem to think Joe Biden won that election fair and square, and I do not. I think it was absolutely stolen and Democrats/NeverTrumpers committed fraud and should be resting comfortably in a federal prison right now.

glhs837

Power with Control
Another area in which we disagree is that you seem to think Joe Biden won that election fair and square, and I do not. I think it was absolutely stolen and Democrats/NeverTrumpers committed fraud and should be resting comfortably in a federal prison right now.

Reading, it counts.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Reading, it counts.

I read and I still think there's no way in hell Trump was going to win that election. As it stands they had to pretend that Biden got 80 million people to vote for him, which is just laughable. Had they needed more, they'd have manufactured more. If we believe 80 million, why wouldn't we believe 100 million? Or 200 million?

You said yourself that you voted for Trump, even though you don't care for his personality or communication style. What makes you think that nobody else did that? I have a hard time believing that people who are smart enough to appreciate Trump's policies and the direction the country was going would vote instead for Biden just because Trump called Rosie O'Donnell a pig. "Man, I like Trump's handling of illegal immigration and foreign policy and domestic issues and the economy, but he called Jim Acosta a crybaby so I'm gonna vote for Joe Biden."

That seems implausible to me.

glhs837

Power with Control
I read and I still think there's no way in hell Trump was going to win that election. As it stands they had to pretend that Biden got 80 million people to vote for him, which is just laughable. Had they needed more, they'd have manufactured more. If we believe 80 million, why wouldn't we believe 100 million? Or 200 million?

You said yourself that you voted for Trump, even though you don't care for his personality or communication style. What makes you think that nobody else did that? I have a hard time believing that people who are smart enough to appreciate Trump's policies and the direction the country was going would vote instead for Biden just because Trump called Rosie O'Donnell a pig. "Man, I like Trump's handling of illegal immigration and foreign policy and domestic issues and the economy, but he called Jim Acosta a crybaby so I'm gonna vote for Joe Biden."

That seems implausible to me.

This isnt an all or nothing game. Every single person has a line they wont cross. or more likely many of them. And yes, we know people can be that we, we see it every day. Local crap drivers FB page, some lady was freaking out about a guy who had slowly passed by stopped traffic at a light on his motorcycle. While we all agreed it was illegal, she thought it was one of the Seven Deadly Sins. Nobody could talk her down.

As I said, we'll never know. What we can know is if maybe someone following his principles can win without acting like he did. Which was sort of the point. I think Ivanka could win, but as you said, the odds are low that she would choose to subject herself and her family to the shitshow that is an election. Sadly, the system is designed to weed out those we really need.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
As I said, we'll never know. What we can know is if maybe someone following his principles can win without acting like he did.

I don't think there's anyone in Washington with Trump's principles. Note that he came from outside government, and I don't think the Deep Staters will allow that to happen again.

Sadly, the system is designed to weed out those we really need.

It's because we're not so far removed from our ancestors who loved the bloodsport. We like to think we're all enlightened and civilized, but we're still humans and even if we won't admit it we want to see gladiators lop off heads. We wish our favorite politician would beat his political opponent with a cane in the Senate chamber*.

I have a whole dissertation about our modern choices in entertainment and entertainment back in the Middle Ages that we consider savage, but you get the idea.

Just like we like to clutch our pearls and say we deplore negative political ads, but that's a lie. If they didn't work, politicians would use them.

* Fun fact: Preston Brooks, the attacker, was a pro-slavery Democrat. So it's worth pointing out that Democrats have a long history of physically attacking their political opponents.

Last edited:

Crabcake42

Sorry for those in this thread who haven’t drank the Kool-Aid.

At a minimum, the lack of the ability to pick and keep talent made me throw my hands up. I’ve never seen so much turnover and tell all books in my life…doesn’t that make you uneasy? Ok, call it the swamp, but doesn’t every (for a lack of a better word) industry have a huge group of folks who know how it all works? Want to get into finance, farming, auto manufacturing, don’t you need expertise? Why wouldn’t the federal government have the same?

I’m sure many of us have had new bosses who came in with the intention of shaking things up, who had no experience with what we actually did, and other than being a disrupter had no qualifications. Those folks are normally gone quickly.

HemiHauler

The reason there is a plentitude of these tell-all books is because so few will hire these cretins after working for that toad. So, they pull themselves up by the bootstraps, like the rest of us do when faced with this kind of adversity and figure out another way to earn some scratch. Nothing wrong with writing these sorts of books, especially where there is soooo much material. I mean, they need to support their iPhone and avocado toast habit, right?