Two Big Announcements!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
We are proud to announce the official choice of a stallion at Quiet Valley Farm!

After much searching, we've settled on (and sent the final payment on and paperwork in :lol:) a GORGEOUS RMHA/KMSHA registered and certified Golden Buckskin stallion named Crooked Creek's Hondo. He's in my Avatar.

Hondo is every stallion owner's DREAM. He doesn't have to make the choice to be smart or pretty, he's BOTH. Our 11 y/o daughter rides him everywhere, in large groups and small, out alone or with mares, geldings, babies, other stallions, you name it. He's ALWAYS the gentleman and ALWAYS a big hit wherever we go. No one believes he's a stallion, invariably they bend over just to look after someone mentions it, :lol: It's quite funny.
We have thus far bred 2 of our mares to him for '09 foals, and our very special palomino mare ChocoBee will also be bred to him after she foals her '08 baby by Trojan.

AND....we have added not one but TWO (now official by DNA) homozygous black CHAMPAGNE babies to our breeding program! Both are sired by the beautiful, multi talented MX Gabriel a double silver Classic Champagne stallion and out of foundation mares with hard to find pedigrees.

Champagne Troubadour is our stud colt (name pending), he is a Silver Classic Champagne (single silver) and Champagne Gabrielle (name pending) is a filly, she is a Silver Amber Champagne (double silver). Neither one carries creme, or pearl, so both are definately Champagne not false champagnes created by creme as many are (which is very rare in Rockies).

We are VERY happy with the way our breeding program is going. We have nearly all the foundation Rocky stallions (including Maple Squirrel and Yankee Ragtime) between our 2 studs, and most of the best mares also in the program.

It's taken us more than 3 years to develop our foundation of well gaited super temperamented stock, but now I feel we are really ready to focus and move ahead with our plans to breed, raise and train smooth gaited, sweet beautiful mountain horses. :yahoo:

Thanks for letting me share our joy. Our Website is in the middle of a major overhaul as we speak.

Last edited:

Robin

We are proud to announce the official choice of a stallion at Quiet Valley Farm!

After much searching, we've settled on (and sent the final payment on and paperwork in :lol:) a GORGEOUS RMHA/KMSHA registered and certified Golden Buckskin stallion named Crooked Creek's Hondo. He's in my Avatar.

Hondo is every stallion owner's DREAM. He doesn't have to make the choice to be smart or pretty, he's BOTH. Our 11 y/o daughter rides him everywhere, in large groups and small, out alone or with mares, geldings, babies, other stallions, you name it. He's ALWAYS the gentleman and ALWAYS a big hit wherever we go. No one believes he's a stallion, invariably they bend over just to look after someone mentions it, :lol: It's quite funny.
We have thus far bred 2 of our mares to him for '09 foals, and our very special palomino mare ChocoBee will also be bred to him after she foals her '08 baby by Trojan.

AND....we have added not one but TWO (now official by DNA) homozygous black CHAMPAGNE babies to our breeding program! Both are sired by the beautiful, multi talented MX Gabriel a double silver Classic Champagne stallion and out of foundation mares with hard to find pedigrees.

Champagne Troubadour is our stud colt (name pending), he is a Silver Classic Champagne (single silver) and Champagne Gabrielle (name pending) is a filly, she is a Silver Amber Champagne (double silver). Neither one carries creme, or pearl, so both are definately Champagne not false champagnes created by creme as many are (which is very rare in Rockies).

We are VERY happy with the way our breeding program is going. We have nearly all the foundation Rocky stallions (including Maple Squirrel and Yankee Ragtime) between our 2 studs, and most of the best mares also in the program.

It's taken us more than 3 years to develop our foundation of well gaited super temperamented stock, but now I feel we are really ready to focus and move ahead with our plans to breed, raise and train smooth gaited, sweet beautiful mountain horses. :yahoo:

Thanks for letting me share our joy. Our Website is in the middle of a major overhaul as we speak.

Congrats to you! This just goes to show how crazy us horse folks are:killingme we do collect! :lmao:

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!

It's hard not to collect these nice horses.....congrats!:smoochy:

jwilley

Walker

Congrats lady....you have beautiful sweet calm and best of all lovely gaited horses...if I'm every looking again I'll be coming your way!!!:yahoo: