Two dogs found decapitated, Sheriff searching for information

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Why is there a word such as "decapitated" when there is no opposite word such as capitate, eg, as for a head? Capitate which actually means: the largest of the carpal bones, [in the hand], situated at the base of the palm of the hand and articulating with the third metacarpal. I tells ya what. The English language is k-ra-zi. I would say, the proper vernacular would be to use the word, "decollate". But still, there is no proper opposite use of 'collate', for head. Oh well.

rmorse

Rabies passes via saliva only, it isn't passed through blood, tissue or air. So, if one is not bitten, or licked in the mouth, eye or a cut, chances of contracting rabies are nonexistent.

I was under the impression that there's a very slight chance of it passing through fecal matter as well.

glhs837

Power with Control
If I may ...

Why is there a word such as "decapitated" when there is no opposite word such as capitate, eg, as for a head? Capitate which actually means: the largest of the carpal bones, [in the hand], situated at the base of the palm of the hand and articulating with the third metacarpal. I tells ya what. The English language is k-ra-zi. I would say, the proper vernacular would be to use the word, "decollate". But still, there is no proper opposite use of 'collate', for head. Oh well.

decapitate (v.)
"behead, cut off the head of," 1610s, from French décapiter (14c.), from Late Latin decapitatus past participle of decapitare, from Latin de "off" (see de-) + caput (genitive capitis) "head" (from PIE root *kaput- "head"). Related: Decapitated; decapitating.

One of languages greatest glories is it's messiness......

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

decapitate (v.)
"behead, cut off the head of," 1610s, from French décapiter (14c.), from Late Latin decapitatus past participle of decapitare, from Latin de "off" (see de-) + caput (genitive capitis) "head" (from PIE root *kaput- "head"). Related: Decapitated; decapitating.

One of languages greatest glories is it's messiness......
This is way to funny, and ironic. I was just reading on a site and the proper word usage was actually utilized. Check this out.
I was reading an unrelated article, (about bankers), and didn't know the definition of Seppuku. Read more about it here and there on different sites and found this ...

Why did Japanese samurai disembowel themselves?
"When a woman or child was required to commit seppuku, they would make no cut at all. Instead, the folded Wakizashi paper (or a closed fan) would be held in the right hand and then touched to the stomach. As soon as the condemned touched the paper to their stomach, their squire (or the executioner, depending on the situation) would decollate them."

I love being correct.:yahoo:

glhs837

Power with Control
If I may ...

This is way to funny, and ironic. I was just reading on a site and the proper word usage was actually utilized. Check this out.
I was reading an unrelated article, (about bankers), and didn't know the definition of Seppuku. Read more about it here and there on different sites and found this ...

Why did Japanese samurai disembowel themselves?
"When a woman or child was required to commit seppuku, they would make no cut at all. Instead, the folded Wakizashi paper (or a closed fan) would be held in the right hand and then touched to the stomach. As soon as the condemned touched the paper to their stomach, their squire (or the executioner, depending on the situation) would decollate them."

I love being correct.:yahoo:

But are you? Most dictionaries say the words are synonyms so either is suitable. .

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Yahoo is now a Verizon product.
Altavista is long gone, got bought by Yahoo.

Lycos is part of the Tripod/Angelfire family of products.
Ask Jeeves, Hotbot and Dogpile are still out there, too.

Duck Duck Go, too.