Two large koi

luvscats

We're going to close/drain/fill in our pond in April. It used to be a swimming pool but we didn't swim in it so we turned it into a pond. We've never put chemicals in the pond and it has never been smelly, scummy or icky. We have goldfish, minnows, and 5 koi in it. They are all happy and healthy without all the chemicals. In the past summers we've had water turtles and lots of frogs take up residence too.

I want to keep the koi and larger goldfish in some kind of a large tank until we sell this house and move. I was thinking of just buying a large kiddie pool to keep the fish in but was wondering if anyone has any other ideas as to an inexpensive, durable container. Horse trough? Thank you kindly.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
We're going to close/drain/fill in our pond in April. It used to be a swimming pool but we didn't swim in it so we turned it into a pond. We've never put chemicals in the pond and it has never been smelly, scummy or icky. We have goldfish, minnows, and 5 koi in it. They are all happy and healthy without all the chemicals. In the past summers we've had water turtles and lots of frogs take up residence too.

I want to keep the koi and larger goldfish in some kind of a large tank until we sell this house and move. I was thinking of just buying a large kiddie pool to keep the fish in but was wondering if anyone has any other ideas as to an inexpensive, durable container. Horse trough? Thank you kindly.

think twice about the kiddie pool unless you line it.

The cheap plastic they are made out would probably leach chemicals that would kill your fish, but don't know for sure.. Just think that may be an issue.

luvscats

think twice about the kiddie pool unless you line it.

The cheap plastic they are made out would probably leach chemicals that would kill your fish, but don't know for sure.. Just think that may be an issue.

You're right! I never thought about that! I've got to do better research. Thank you!

luvscats

The two big koi are just gorgeous, about 12" long. Flash is white or silver and is a show-off. Creamsicle is soft orange and white and pretty much follows Flash's lead. There are 3 other small koi that we put in last summer but they do not have names yet.