Two New Moons Discovered Around Pluto

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
sleuth said:
I would think it'd be pretty simple to come up with the definition of a planet. Or rather... if they just want to make everyone happy, they should just call any body in space a planet, and just give it classifications. (type B planet , A planet, etc.)

But that would include ANYTHING - comets, etc. It has to have some additional criteria to distinguish them from other objects.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
jazz lady said:
But that would include ANYTHING - comets, etc. It has to have some additional criteria to distinguish them from other objects.
Comets orbit the sun...
Why couldn't they be considered a
"Type F planet, part of Comet family of interstellar bodies, which are of X mass, Y weight, and Z volume, made up mostly ice and other types of space dust."

See, it's easy! :banana:

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
sleuth said:
Comets orbit the sun...
"Type F planet, part of Comet family of interstellar bodies, which are of X mass, Y weight, and Z volume, made up mostly ice and other types of space dust."

:engineer:

MMDad

Lem Putt
Every time I see this topic, I read it as "Two new morons" and I can't help thinking Hairy Fart and Canuck. It would explain a lot.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
What next?

ajhkmr97 said:
They would have found those moons long ago had some one moved that fat Uranis just a few more inches to the left or right.... lol, I know I know...corny..

Klingons found near Uranus???

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
sleuth said:
Comets orbit the sun...

No, it's not. :razz: Yes, they do orbit the sun, but based on their "loose" definition of a planet, it doesn't fit the criteria "large enough that its own gravity gives it a circular shape."

Try again. :dance: