Tyson Fury "The Gypsy King"

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Old school heavies like Larry Holmes would mow this guy down like a hot knife through butter. Being 6' 10" & 275 pounds doesn't hurt but this guy's skills are no where near champs of the 70s through the 90s.

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
Old school heavies like Larry Holmes would mow this guy down like a hot knife through butter. Being 6' 10" & 275 pounds doesn't hurt but this guy's skills are no where near champs of the 70s through the 90s.
He hit Wilder so hard you felt it?:boxing:

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
Did you see the fight? Lots of pushing, shoving, holding and leaning on each other.
I saw a picture of Wilder's jaw an inch out of it's socket with Fury's fist where his jaw should have been, and two of Wilder sitting on the ground staring at the stars around his head. I also saw his corner ready to throw in the towel but the Ref stopped the fight before they could throw it in.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
It was an ugly fight, ugly like not a skilled demonstration. I'd like to see a good heavyweight again but we watch what we have.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
It was an ugly fight, ugly like not a skilled demonstration. I'd like to see a good heavyweight again but we watch what we have.
I think when you are 6 foot ten inches tall with a 3 mile wing span, you don't really have to be that talented. Tipping the scales at 275 pounds doesn't hurt either. Fury isn't a physical specimen but he isn't a fat slob either. He's just the right balance of height, weight, skill and chin to claw his way to the top of the heap of current heavyweights.

Rocky Marciano fought at 188 pounds for comparison. 13 pounds above the light heavyweight category.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Some of the better fighters I've seen are Jeff Fenech, Vinny Pazienza, Jorge Paez, Pacman, Hagler and Christy Martin.

Arturo Gatti, Vassiliy Jirov, Emanuel Augustus...guys with skills but they don't or didn't have the jab and grab style that heavyweights today use. Three shots and hold, rinse and repeat.

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
Pacquiao fought Keith Thurman in July 2019, just 6 months ago, and took his belt in a thriller, so if you guys haven't seen any good fights in years, it's most likely because you haven't watched any fights in years.

Don't even mention Mayweather.