Un-neighborly dogs...

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I have a neighbor who is really precise about the health and tidiness of his lawn.
Gets really upset about dogs beiing walked, where their people let them stop and eliminate on his grass.

Am thinking of sending this, which was part of an answer to a question about such behavior at another forum to which I subscribe...

"P.S. I will add that one of the neighbors in our neighborhood came up with an ingenious solution. He created a mound in his front yard just about the size of a dog. At the head of the mound he put a headstone. The headstone read: 'Here he sits, cold and hard, the last damn dog that crap in our yard.'" :p

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:lol:

People who don't pick up their dog's crap are the bane of my existence and there's really no reason why a dog should be running around in someone else's yard to be able to poop or pee in it.

GopherM

Darwin was right
The area where we have retired to in GA has the same problem. Seems like almost everyone has a dog and walks them. About half the people will clean up and the rest will just walk away. There is dog waste in the street and on the sidewalks. One neighbor with a corner lot put up the no poop signs in his front and side yard and each has a bag dispenser attached. Walkers still let their dogs do the business attached to a leash and then go on the way.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
And to think, a lot of you guys used to complain about all the farms that had cow crap. Those farms have been replaced by developments, every resident of which just has to have a dog now that they're "living in the country".

PeoplesElbow

My grandfather shoveled up some dog poop, walked down the street and went to fling it on the owners storm door. The glass was out of the storm door, the screen was torn and the regular door was open, the crap went flying into their living room. They never let their dog poop in his yard again after that.

Grumpy

Buddy of mine used to talk bout his neighbors dog would back his butt up to the chain link fence separating their yards and crap into his yard, always thought he was bs'ing until I saw it happen one time. He would always take a scooper out and fling it back into the neighbors yard, this went on for years, never a cross word between them..:lol:

mitzi

My daughter had a problem with her neighbor (townhouse community). She has an end unit so she has a little bit of yard. The people directly behind her would always let their dog (while walking him) leave a huge dump in her yard (this a a huge dog). They never seemed to be home when she over and she left a few notes on their door. It continued until she finally had it one day when my grandson got out of their car and his new shoe sunk in a big pile of crap (right along side their driveway). She scooped it all up, put it a bag and carried it over to their front door and dumped it all at their door. The dog didn't sh*t in her yard again.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
It should be noted that the poop isn't really the problem, it's the piss that's high in nitrogen and burns a spot in the yard that's a problem.
yea this. We have a corner lot and every once in awhile someone will leave the dog poop behind (5 YARDS from the designated dog run area WITH a garbage pale...) but really it's the urine that ruins our grass. Great, your dog's on a leash. Great, you walk them daily. But direct them to relieve themselves in the designated areas, not the 5 lawns leading up to it.

Our HOA likes to remind us our grass needs reseeding every year. If we get another letter, I'll just point our porch camera towards our lawn and send them the footage of all the dogs burning up our yard instead.

CPUSA

My neighbor's yellow lab used to come & crap in our yard.
One day I heard a really loud yelp and when I went outside to see what was going on, I saw the Lab running out of my yard...
And my papillon underneath him...teeth clamped down hard on his sack.
Lab hasn't come in the yard since...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It should be noted that the poop isn't really the problem, it's the piss that's high in nitrogen and burns a spot in the yard that's a problem.

Poop is the problem when you step in it because if you get one molecule of dog crap on your shoes the smell will never come off and you'll have to burn the shoes, and perhaps any articles of clothing you were wearing at the time.

Chris0nllyn

Poop is the problem when you step in it because if you get one molecule of dog crap on your shoes the smell will never come off and you'll have to burn the shoes, and perhaps any articles of clothing you were wearing at the time.

Sure, but since the OP said:
I have a neighbor who is really precise about the health and tidiness of his lawn.

I'm going to assume it's because of the dead spots formed after dogs piss on it.

I certainly wasnt saying pooping on someone else's lawn (dog or otherwise) is okay.

nutz

:lmao: Are you sure that only applies to dog poop?

BernieP

Resident PIA
You can tell by the leash who the sneaky ones are, the 16 foot retractable leash users.
They look the other way and pretend they don't know where or what their precious pooch is doing.

Knew someone who did this, claimed he didn't need to pick it up because the poop was biodegrabable.
Obviosly he never watched how long it took to "degrade". Even a hard rain doesn't wash it away. Just makes it a smelly mud patty that is impossible to remove.

But as we have seen with other things, people who want to be ignorant always can come up with an excuse why they are not doing wrong.

PeoplesElbow