Unbelieveable: Cop arrest responding firefighter

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !

ImnoMensa

I know many times civilians ,who dont know better, often wonder why Firefighters keep their equipment in the road blocking a lane of traffic,when it appears that lane could be open. Evidently this trooper was no better informed.

The fact is when traffic is moving in close proximity to a working incident ,they are rubber necking, not paying attention , in a hurry because they have been delayed,and will run down personnel on the scene , if those personnel are not protected. It is an essential many times that the lane stay blocked for the safety of Rescue personnel.

dan0623_2000

I know many times civilians ,who dont know better, often wonder why Firefighters keep their equipment in the road blocking a lane of traffic,when it appears that lane could be open. Evidently this trooper was no better informed.

The fact is when traffic is moving in close proximity to a working incident ,they are rubber necking, not paying attention , in a hurry because they have been delayed,and will run down personnel on the scene , if those personnel are not protected. It is an essential many times that the lane stay blocked for the safety of Rescue personnel.

And Lexington Park fire department is an expert on blocking off the road for a minior accident

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
And Lexington Park fire department is an expert on blocking off the road for a minior accident

And a quote from one of my friends who works for the Lexington Park Rescue squad, they also love to play with the jaws of life to hack roofs off of cars when victims can still be safely removed by just prying open the door...

FIREMAN

I agree and will continue to block the road untill we are done at the scene of an accident. All those lights on the trucks, reflective tape on our personnel and we are still getting hit by cars. With too many close calls to count.

We should wear signs that say Run your car into me. 10 points.

It would be easier.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
I agree and will continue to block the road untill we are done at the scene of an accident. All those lights on the trucks, reflective tape on our personnel and we are still getting hit by cars. With too many close calls to count.

We should wear signs that say Run your car into me. 10 points.

It would be easier.

Totally agree, I watch Tru TV (Former court TV) and you would be amazed at all the videos of careless driver driving directly into emergency vehicles especially at night when it's easier to see the flashing lights. It's like a bug flying toward a bug light...:coffee:

MrX

High Octane
Thats incredible..WTH would the cop arrest him in the middle of working an accident??