Unemployment Insurance Questions

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
The Unemployement office is taking its customer service queues from the Motor Vehicle Administration.

Wondering1

This is the most frustrating thing ever. Even when I call I press 5 to speak with an operator and it says they’re all busy, goodbye. It’s been one month now and still no card. I just don’t know what to do at this point.

awpitt

Main Streeter
This is the most frustrating thing ever. Even when I call I press 5 to speak with an operator and it says they’re all busy, goodbye. It’s been one month now and still no card. I just don’t know what to do at this point.

Who's your State Delegate? My son got licked out of the system, in mid-April, because of a mis-worded question on the Weekly Webcert when they first switched over to the Beacon Website. We contacted Brian Crosby and DLL called my son that day and fixed the problem. In fact, they completely reworded the messed up question and sent an email out to everyone because a lot of other people had the same issue. So, at this point, contact your State Delegate. They have a legislative liaison who will help you out.

Wondering1

Who's your State Delegate? My son got licked out of the system, in mid-April, because of a mis-worded question on the Weekly Webcert when they first switched over to the Beacon Website. We contacted Brian Crosby and DLL called my son that day and fixed the problem. In fact, they completely reworded the messed up question and sent an email out to everyone because a lot of other people had the same issue. So, at this point, contact your State Delegate. They have a legislative liaison who will help you out.
Thank you so much for this information! I was able to locate 2 delegates for my county. I am emailing and calling them now. I hope this gets me somewhere.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I was laid off on 4/17. I filed my unemployment that same day. I have yet to receive my card and when I’m logged into beacon it says “
There are no Payment Information on this claim.”
How much longer do I have to wait to receive a card and have access to my funds? This is super frustrating.

Hang in there. I filed on March 24th, and I had to wait 7 weeks for mine. 🙄 I went back to work on Monday of the 7th week.

Bann

PREMO Member
Why wouldn’t it take and why would I miss a few weeks? I filed every week since being unemployed. My employer filled out the required paperwork in due time. What’s left for me to do?
Go to the Facebook page for the Department of Labor. There are a lot of posts related to different messages that people were receiving in error. I'm not sure if that's one of the messages or not but there are a lot of different glitches.

Bann

PREMO Member
I'm happy to report that while it took me seven weeks to get UI payment (basically, all of it at once) it did not take that long for them to stop the payments!!! The response time to that action item was immediate!

In fact, I've already gotten email notification and a letter in the mail. 👍👍

stgislander

PREMO Member
It appears that on 5/11 monies began being allocated towards my wife's PUA claim, but she's still not received her approval letter from DOL and no sign of any money yet.
Update: Out of the blue with no warning, my wife received her debit card on Monday. I was surprised it was loaded with only one week's benefit, but it's better than nothing.

CRHS89

I'm happy to report that while it took me seven weeks to get UI payment (basically, all of it at once) it did not take that long for them to stop the payments!!! The response time to that action item was immediate!

In fact, I've already gotten email notification and a letter in the mail. 👍👍

Doesn't that just piss you off? Unacceptable.

stgislander

PREMO Member
My co-worker and I noticed that this weeks deposit into our debit cards was less. Is that because last Monday was a holiday?

Chris0nllyn

My co-worker and I noticed that this weeks deposit into our debit cards was less. Is that because last Monday was a holiday?

Did you elect to have taxes removed? My wife's benefits started inexplicably being about $200 less. The only thing I can think of is that they finally reviewed her letter and started taking taxes out. About 5 weeks after her initial benefit payout. :lol:

stgislander

PREMO Member
Did you elect to have taxes removed? My wife's benefits started inexplicably being about $200 less. The only thing I can think of is that they finally reviewed her letter and started taking taxes out. About 5 weeks after her initial benefit payout. :lol:
Sure did. I'll go back and do the math to see if that makes sense. I'll be pissed if that's true.

Wondering1

Almost the end of week 8 and STILL no debit card with my monies has been received. This is beyond me now. I’m left with no options to speaking with someone live. Has anyone else have to wait this long to receive payment???

stgislander

PREMO Member
Almost the end of week 8 and STILL no debit card with my monies has been received. This is beyond me now. I’m left with no options to speaking with someone live. Has anyone else have to wait this long to receive payment???
From what I hear all you get are recorded messages. You'd be better off contacting your local State Delegate or Senator's office.

Wondering1

From what I hear all you get are recorded messages. You'd be better off contacting your local State Delegate or Senator's office.
I did that too. They contacted the dept and the dept emailed me saying that they will call me. That was almost 2 weeks ago, still no call. Ugh

awpitt

Main Streeter

Did you get in touch with your MD state delegates or Senator? What did they say or do?