Uniformed Police Officer steals from Dick’s Sporting Goods

limblips

PREMO Member
How on earth does this thing become an issue of racial profiling? She was caught, in uniform, by a store employee trying to steal a 140 dollar pair of Nikes.
See there you all go assuming things! She was just trying to become a better police officer. The Nikes would have let her run faster so she could apprehend the real criminals. She should be celibrated as a forward thinking crime fighter.

Salmon

How on earth does this thing become an issue of racial profiling? She was caught, in uniform, by a store employee trying to steal a 140 dollar pair of Nikes.
I’m just saying that I guarantee that store security would not have watched a white police officer, in uniform, that closely.

Salmon

Doesn't matter.

She stole the shoes.
Don’t you see the bigger issue? . Persons of color don’t even get the benefit of the doubt, even when they are wearing a police uniform. By the same token, black and brown police officers don’t get the same immunity from prosecution as their white counterparts.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
Don’t you see the bigger issue? . Persons of color don’t even get the benefit of the doubt, even when they are wearing a police uniform.
There is no bigger issue.

She stole something from her employer.

She got caught.

She got fired.

She will be prosecuted.

Don't like the consequences? Don't be a thief.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I’m just saying that I guarantee that store security would not have watched a white police officer, in uniform, that closely.
And that unsupported supposition relates to this clown caught stealing...how exactly?

SamSpade

You’re projecting something for no damned reason. Making an issue where none exists.

Columbus Mississippi is a city where nearly two thirds of the population is black. What are the chances that everyone else in that store and the arresting officer were all black?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
There is no bigger issue.

She stole something from her employer.

She got caught.

She got fired.

She will be prosecuted.

Don't like the consequences? Don't be a thief.
Remarkably simple concepts. Even Sally should be able to comprehend...

Toxick

Splat
Coloreds?
Negros?

Do people still use these terms unironically?

Back in the days when the rooster's crow marked the dawn, we used to huddle 'round the radio, sipping on sassafras tea, and swapping stories 'bout the cat's meow down at the local soda fountain. Them good ol' times were simpler than a pocketful of nickels, and you could trust a handshake more than a pocket watch. It was a time when folks had gumption, and the bees in the backyard hummed along to the sweet melody of days gone by. So, grab your suspenders, tip your hat, and join me on a trip down memory lane, where the grass was greener, the sky bluer, and the whole world a bit more hunky-dory.

BOP

I’d be willing to bet that store security would not even consider watching a white police officer closely on video.
Question, Fish Face: who commits most crime, per capita?

Doing away with profiling doesn't change the facts.

Not only that, but this is like the 3rd or 4th cop I've heard about in the last year, including one on attorney Steve Lehto's youtube channel. All were serial shoplifters.

A Bronx NYPD cop allegedly stole groceries from a Yonkers supermarket — and got busted when he returned to the store a week later to shoplift more goods, police said Thursday.

Aaron Cataquet, 27, a five-year veteran of New York’s Finest, is accused of making off with $690 in groceries from the Tuckahoe ShopRite store after being identified through face recognition technology, according to the Yonkers Police Department.

Cataquet, who recently passed the NYPD sergeant’s exam, was allegedly first seen loading his car up with stolen goods at the Westchester County food store on April 29, cops and sources said.

Bare-ya-cuda

Obviously you never worked in loss prevention. Watching the camera is their job. Black or white the arrest still would have been made.

PeoplesElbow

White guy

Not sure, Hispanic

Between these two and three black woman that's all that came up when I googled cop arrested for shoplifting while in uniform.