United Marble and Granite (Lowes)?

Morning All-
Just wondering if any of you have ever had granite/quartz counter tops installed by Lowes. United Marble and Granite is who they use to do the actual installation.

Any opinion of them one way or the other?

quailridge

United Marble and Granite installed our granite countertops three years ago (through a different company). They had a large portion of the counter set and then told me they were going to have to take it out and bring another piece the next day. "Why" I asked. They said that the piece had a crack in it (which I could barely see even after they pointed it out to me). I would have never seen it on my own. And just as promised, they were there the next day with the new piece. I was highly impressed with their integrity and professional manner.

Wow - sounds like great service! The Lowes guy told me that when the company came to do the template, it would all be done with lasers and such so they would get exact measurements.

When they guys showed up yesterday, they used a combination of cardboard, tape measures, paper and pens to measure everything. I wasn't really impressed, which is what prompted this thread.

Thanks for the feedback.

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
Wow - sounds like great service! The Lowes guy told me that when the company came to do the template, it would all be done with lasers and such so they would get exact measurements.

When they guys showed up yesterday, they used a combination of cardboard, tape measures, paper and pens to measure everything. I wasn't really impressed, which is what prompted this thread.

Thanks for the feedback.

I used them for granite in the kitchen and all the bathrooms when I was the general contractor my farmhouse. They used the cardboard approach and everything fits and looks great. I designed and built my own cabinets so they were a custom size to my liking, the granite complimented the cabinets very nicely. Good luck and happy granite to you!!

I used them for granite in the kitchen and all the bathrooms when I was the general contractor my farmhouse. They used the cardboard approach and everything fits and looks great. I designed and built my own cabinets so they were a custom size to my liking, the granite complimented the cabinets very nicely. Good luck and happy granite to you!!
Awesome, thanks!

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville

Thanks for the feedback.
Maybe they figured out the old fashion way worked better?

Mdbtyhtr

they use cardboard because walls are not straight or in plane to a straight edge and they have to adapt for the concave or convex shape of the walls.

Scott

Mdbtyhtr

they use cardboard because walls are not straight or in plane to a straight edge and they have to adapt for the concave or convex shape of the walls. Corners are not always or ever square either.

Scott