Would you adopt an unwanted child?

• Yes

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 40.0%

• Total voters
B

Beaver-Cleaver

This_person says there's a big, huge, massive demand for unwanted babies and that plenty of people would adopt babies.

Of course, what he forgets is that most people would rather make their own babies.

So, here's the question - under your current living circumstances, would you adopt an unwanted baby?

bcp

In My Opinion
I put yes.
IF not for the unbearable legal expense of doing so.
I would prefer the child be out of diapers though.

oh, and is 21 still considered an unwanted child?

4d2008

This_person says there's a big, huge, massive demand for unwanted babies and that plenty of people would adopt babies.

Of course, what he forgets is that most people would rather make their own babies.

So, here's the question - under your current living circumstances, would you adopt an unwanted baby?
:confused: why would I adopt a baby if I didnt want it?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces

I voted no because of the stipulation of "current living circumstances". If I didn't already have my two or I could take care of more kids in a way I feel they deserve to be taken care of, I'd would definately adopt. We stopped at two because based on our income, that was what we could afford and be able to provide them with everything they needed and provide a great and happy life for them. We don't live beyond our means and we get to take advantage of some of the "perks" that brings because of it.

nomoney

I voted no because of the stipulation of "current living circumstances". If I didn't already have my two or I could take care of more kids in a way I feel they deserve to be taken care of, I'd would definately adopt. We stopped at two because based on our income, that was what we could afford and be able to provide them with everything they needed and provide a great and happy life for them. We don't live beyond our means and we get to take advantage of some of the "perks" that brings because of it.

don't think he was looking for the readers digest version of your breeding habits.

B

Beaver-Cleaver

That's why I put it there. This_person doesn't think the government has any right to help take care of un-aborted babies. But, a woman should be forced to have a baby even if she can't support it.

There are many people who would like to adopt but can't. There are plenty of people who would like to have the baby they're carrying but can't do so because of financial reasons.

And This_person says it's about responsibility. :rolleyes: My mom had 2 or 3 jobs at any given time and was barely able to support me and my sister. In fact, we both got summertime jobs to help out when we were old enough.

Government didn't help, and that's how This_person likes it. Fortunately, I spent the summers away in a very religious home with my aunt and uncle. Had they not been there, I don't know how I would've turned out. But it probably wouldn't have been good.

Socially, underage sex is almost a requirement. Those who do the responsible thing and wait until they're ready to carry any unexpected burdens that may arise get constant ridicule and are constantly cut down. It's socially unacceptable to today's society.

Our media glorifies the rap and NFL culture, idolizing thugs and gangsters who make millions of dollars just to record a CD or step out on a football field and do something, realistically, that just about anyone can do. :bigwhoop:

Kids that are raised in these homes are exposed to only the negative society that exists. And there are far many more kids that are living in broken homes than you might think. And that's what liberals mean when they talk about economics playing a role in society. It's not always the kids' fault, it's society's fault.

But I don't expect This_person to get this since he "pays more in taxes" in three months than I make in a year. :killingme

B

Beaver-Cleaver

View Poll Results: Would you adopt an unwanted child?
Yes 1 16.67%
No 5 83.33%
Voters: 6. You have already voted on this poll

Looks like you're losing tp.

bcp

In My Opinion
thats the exact reason I am 50 with a 13 year old daughter.
I decided to wait until such a time that I could actually afford to raise her in a way that would be best.

This includes, good home, good area, solid foundation between me and the wife unit, and to be financially stable,, or as close to it as possible.

If I would have had a child in my twenties, I doubt they would have turned out very well at all. But they certainly would have learned the value of irresponsible partying.

This_person

That's why I put it there. This_person doesn't think the government has any right to help take care of un-aborted babies. But, a woman should be forced to have a baby even if she can't support it.
Nope, not what I said
There are many people who would like to adopt but can't. There are plenty of people who would like to have the baby they're carrying but can't do so because of financial reasons.

And This_person says it's about responsibility. :rolleyes: My mom had 2 or 3 jobs at any given time and was barely able to support me and my sister. In fact, we both got summertime jobs to help out when we were old enough.
You got one right - I do think it's about responsibility
Government didn't help, and that's how This_person likes it. Fortunately, I spent the summers away in a very religious home with my aunt and uncle. Had they not been there, I don't know how I would've turned out. But it probably wouldn't have been good.
Close. No cigar, but close
Socially, underage sex is almost a requirement.
Wow, with an attitude like that, I wonder how much worse you COULD have turned out! :lol:
Those who do the responsible thing and wait until they're ready to carry any unexpected burdens that may arise get constant ridicule and are constantly cut down. It's socially unacceptable to today's society.

Our media glorifies the rap and NFL culture, idolizing thugs and gangsters who make millions of dollars just to record a CD or step out on a football field and do something, realistically, that just about anyone can do. :bigwhoop:

Kids that are raised in these homes are exposed to only the negative society that exists. And there are far many more kids that are living in broken homes than you might think. And that's what liberals mean when they talk about economics playing a role in society. It's not always the kids' fault, it's society's fault.

But I don't expect This_person to get this since he "pays more in taxes" in three months than I make in a year. :killingme
Exageration fails to be seen by you, doesn't it.

However, I do think I'll pay at the end of the year more than you'll make. But, that's really besides any point here.

This_person

View Poll Results: Would you adopt an unwanted child?
Yes 1 16.67%
No 5 83.33%
Voters: 6. You have already voted on this poll

Looks like you're losing tp.
Oh, yes. 6 people responding to the question as you worded it certainly demonstrates that there is no waiting list for adopting an infant.

You are off your meds, aren't you?

B

Beaver-Cleaver

Wow, with an attitude like that, I wonder how much worse you COULD have turned out! :lol:

How about this, come to work with me for a few days and listen to these kids now. :buddies:

We can also discuss some of your posts here.