Would you adopt an unwanted child?

• Yes

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 40.0%

• Total voters

bcp

In My Opinion
However, I do think I'll pay at the end of the year more than you'll make. But, that's really besides any point here.
When I owned my own business I payed more than I made. (when you look at everything paid combined, Payroll tax, business tax, personal tax etc... I wrote more in taxes than I wrote in personal pay)

bcp

In My Opinion
Hmm...you might want to adopt a teenager then. If you get him/her as a baby, how will he/she know how to cook lumpia? :shrug:
:killingme Like a teen is going to do something for the parents:killingme

you got to get them early and train them, otherwise they are pretty much just a big sucking sound on your bank account.

This_person

How about this, come to work with me for a few days and listen to these kids now. :buddies:

We can also discuss some of your posts here.
I have four. Until recently, all were teens. None of them felt it a "requirement". They will raise children who do not think it's a "requirement".

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Hmm...you might want to adopt a teenager then. If you get him/her as a baby, how will he/she know how to cook lumpia? :shrug:

I was hoping instinctively they'd have the cooking skill. But you might be on to something. Good looking out! :buddies:

crabluver

no matter how well you train your own children, they end up doing what they want anyway; call it peer pressure; maybe with an adopted child, and they know you brought them in and gave them a loving home, it wouldn't be taken for granted. The adopted child would be more appreciative of what they got...

bcp

In My Opinion
I bet if you threaten to send them back they'll cook. :whistle:
take an ethnic child and threaten to send them back, ACLU will be knocking your door down to steal your lumpia and serve you papers referencing your court date for violation of civil rights.

(you have to take them out of the country and then threaten to leave them there if they dont straighten up. that way the crime was not committed on U.S soil.)

MMDad

Lem Putt
Wirelessly posted (Change we can believe in!: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7) 320x240; VZW; Motorola-Q9c; Windows Mobile 6.0 Standard)

I thought Andy was extremely anti-abortion. Don't tell me he flip-flopped again!

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Emily's on Great Mills Road has some pretty good lumpia. It is a very small restaurant/shack heading towards Rt 5.

Ya know that chinese resturant next to the hair place we go sells Lumpia
Can't say if it's good, just saw it on the menu..

Toxick

Splat
This_person says there's a big, huge, massive demand for unwanted babies and that plenty of people would adopt babies.

You hear all the time about waiting lists and such. Being that waiting lists exist, I wouldn't call it a stretch to say that there is a "demand" for adoptive children?

Of course, what he forgets is that most people would rather make their own babies.

Hm... I was unaware that adopting children and making your own were mutually exclusive conditions.

So, here's the question - under your current living circumstances, would you adopt an unwanted baby?

I can say, with 100% certainty based on first hand experience that I would.

On the other hand, if I wanted the child, it would be inaccurate to continue using the term "unwanted baby".