Upcoming Maryland election

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Question, from someone who hasn't really been keeping up with local stuff.
I re-registered as Republican after a decade of No Preference.

Is there anyone worth voting for, instead of just against?

stgislander

PREMO Member
The States Attorney and Sheriff will be determined in the Rep primary. No Dem opposition.

Others can probably fill you in on the pick for Sheriff, but I'd be willing to give Jayme a shot a States Attorney even if she is Larry and Yumi's daughter. Dick has had the job for a long time.

The States Attorney and Sheriff will be determined in the Rep primary. No Dem opposition.

Others can probably fill you in on the pick for Sheriff, but I'd be willing to give Jayme a shot a States Attorney even if she is Larry and Yumi's daughter. Dick has had the job for a long time.
So You are picking an imported Prince George's County RINO to be the St Mary's County States Attorney, I don't think I can go there.

Reactions: TPD

stgislander

PREMO Member
So You are picking an imported Prince George's County RINO to be the St Mary's County States Attorney, I don't think I can go there.
I'm not a registered Rep so I can't vote anyway. If I could then yes, I'd give her a chance. New blood, fresh eyes, and all that.

TPD

the poor dad
I don’t like being a one issue voter but I have to go with Fritz here for the simple fact that he would not prosecute on behalf of the health department over mask mandates. When, not if, we are faced with issues similar to this again, I’m 95% certain Sterling will be all in with enforcing unlawful and unconstitutional state edicts. I believe Fritz to be a common sense states attorney.

TPD

the poor dad
Hall for Sherriff.
Hall does not want the job. He has told many that in the past. The only reason he is running is because he feels obligated after being groomed by our current Sherriff. It is my opinion That for anyone who thinks new blood is needed then vote for Fleenor but keep Fritz in his position. That would be a good fit vs Hall/Sterling. Just my 4 cents (inflation).

Bobwhite

Hall does not want the job. He has told many that in the past. The only reason he is running is because he feels obligated after being groomed by our current Sherriff. It is my opinion That for anyone who thinks new blood is needed then vote for Fleenor but keep Fritz in his position. That would be a good fit vs Hall/Sterling. Just my 4 cents (inflation).
I went to the candidate forum in Lexington Park last night. I agree with SGI on new blood for states attorney. However, I'm put off by the amount of money she has raised because of her connection to the governor. I'll probably vote for Fritz. Fleenor is a hot mess. He answered every question with the preamble of "I'm not a politician." Additionally, he started off by bad mouthing one of the other candidates. I don't care what his opinion is of the other candidates. I want to know what he is going to do as Sheriff. He said that he wears his emotions on his sleeve. Not a good look for Sheriff in my opinion. O'connor put me off with the fact that he registered for candidacy in three races. Makes me wonder how focused he is on being Sheriff. Your statement that Steve Hall doesn't want the job shocks me because he comported himself extremely well last night. He's got my vote.

Hijinx

If he doesn't want the job he shouldn't have run for it.
I have no idea who Fleenor is and O'Connor has baggage from PG.
Hall will do just fine for me.
Still haven't made up my mind about Fritz or Sterling.

rio

The only thing I know about Fleenor is from a flyer I was given at the car show in L'town awhile ago. It was full of cliche phrases like "getting tough on crime", and bad grammar.

Hijinx

I don’t like being a one issue voter but I have to go with Fritz here for the simple fact that he would not prosecute on behalf of the health department over mask mandates. When, not if, we are faced with issues similar to this again, I’m 95% certain Sterling will be all in with enforcing unlawful and unconstitutional state edicts. I believe Fritz to be a common sense states attorney.
You just convinced me. I believe you are right and that's reason enough to vote for Fritz.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I was just listening to Fritz's radio ad. It is probably my imagination but his voice sounds a wee bit shaky.