UPDATE: Teacher Suspended After Pro-Trump High School Yearbook Photos Altered

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
The school district superintendent has found a lot more alterations and deletions in the year book. Looks like someone had an "Obama complex" and decided she didn't need to get authority to drastically change the student-drafted yearbook.

glhs837

Power with Control
The school district superintendent has found a lot more alterations and deletions in the year book. Looks like someone had an "Obama complex" and decided she didn't need to get authority to drastically change the student-drafted yearbook.

Come'on, link us :) I can find it, but.... :) Wait, maybe I cant...? Or can I?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/06/16/new-yearbook-trump-censorship/402656001/

According to Dyer, other errors in the yearbook included:

• A photo of a junior was not included.

• A senior's photo was published with his eyes closed, despite other photos being available.

• No sophomore class officer had their photo included.

• Images of a class trip to Bermuda were digitally altered to cover up shirtless students or students wearing swimsuits. It was intentional, Dyer said.

Digital media teacher Susan Parsons, also the yearbook adviser, was suspended with pay because of the incident. The school board is expected to discuss further discipline at its Tuesday meeting.

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated
I was the business manager for our senior yearbook. The majority of the cost of publication came from businesses who purchased advertising space in the book. Next came subscription sales and there was a little from the department of education.

You know, things have changed. Back in my day it was just a stupid year book, and the students paid for the thing. Now it's just big business.

This_person

Some student in MN stated in his yearbook that he wanted to behead DJT. His parents must be Soo proud.

As sad and immature as that is, that is EXACTLY what the first amendment is all about. There is a HUGE difference between "I want to..." and "I am going to..." I absolutely hated the policies of Pres. Obama, for the most part. If I were immature and incapable of expressing my emotions, thoughts, and desires any better than a high school kid, I might have been stupid and immature enough to say the same things about him. And, I should have been able and allowed to without censor from the school system acting as an arm of the government.

If we believe in our rights, we MUST be willing and happy to extend them to the ignorant and immature.

glhs837

Power with Control
As sad and immature as that is, that is EXACTLY what the first amendment is all about. There is a HUGE difference between "I want to..." and "I am going to..." I absolutely hated the policies of Pres. Obama, for the most part. If I were immature and incapable of expressing my emotions, thoughts, and desires any better than a high school kid, I might have been stupid and immature enough to say the same things about him. And, I should have been able and allowed to without censor from the school system acting as an arm of the government.

If we believe in our rights, we MUST be willing and happy to extend them to the ignorant and immature.

Hmm, not so sure I"m okay with a statement about beheading someone to be in the yearbook. I think violent criminal wishes should not be allowed.