US charging soldiers for equipment forced to leave behind

Upon turning in his gear, he was presented with a hefty bill for equipment he was ordered to leave in Afghanistan a little more than two years ago. “Because as the last two birds were sitting on the tarmac ready to leave, there wasn’t any room for extra gear or extra weight. Therefore, we were told to leave it. Some lower enlisted dudes, including myself, were like ‘no, this stuff is expensive I’m not leaving this. I’m gonna get charged for this when it comes time to leave,'” he explained.

Soldiers were assured that they would not be charged for the equipment, though this has proven to be an empty promise, the veteran claimed.

dave20

This Administration and it's Woke policies are doing great harm to our military. I pray that we don't have anything major kickoff before we get new leadership that is less concerned with Woke policies and more concerned about the welfare and readiness of our war fighters. We never should have left the base and equipment in Afghanistan in the first place. God Bless our Troops. They will continue to do their job while the leadership of this country continues to fail to do theirs.

somdwatch

This Administration and it's Woke policies are doing great harm to our military. I pray that we don't have anything major kickoff before we get new leadership that is less concerned with Woke policies and more concerned about the welfare and readiness of our war fighters. We never should have left the base and equipment in Afghanistan in the first place. God Bless our Troops. They will continue to do their job while the leadership of this country continues to fail to do theirs.
And unfortunately some on active duty still want their pictures taken with FJB. Personally, I wouldn't attend any event he showed up at even on AD. He'd be the reason I went to sick bay!

Grumpy

The chaos in leaving Afghanistan led to a superior telling soldiers 'eff that, leave your stuff, get on the plane, we'll sort it out later'. Of course the superior never sorted it out and the guy in charge of mustering the soldier out 2 years later has no clue about this soldier being told to leave his equipment. Do I believe this would get solved, yes, but slowly. Going public with this probably will speed up the process.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Wait, why would they be charged for equipment they were ordered to leave behind? That makes no sense.

No wonder the freaking military can't make their recruiting goals.

It is the same with the police. The entire St. Floyd non-sense caused a mass exit out of many police departments in this country. It isn't what you encounter on the streets that make the job awful, it is the political nonsense behind the veil that makes it unbearable.