US Northeast due for major hurricane

ylexot

Super Genius
The 2006 hurricane season will be more active than normal and could bring a devastating storm to the U.S. Northeast, private forecaster AccuWeather said on Monday.
"There are now indications that the Northeast will experience a hurricane larger and more powerful than anything that region has seen in a long time," said Ken Reeves, senior meteorologist at AccuWeather.com.

"The Northeast is staring down the barrel of a gun," said Joe Bastardi, AccuWeather.com's chief hurricane forecaster.

The current storm cycle and above-normal water temperatures in the Atlantic are reminiscent of the pattern that produced the 1938 hurricane that struck Providence, Rhode Island, killing 600 people, Bastardi said.

"The Northeast coast is long overdue for a powerful hurricane, and with the weather patterns and hydrology we're seeing in the oceans, the likelihood of a major hurricane making landfall in the Northeast is not a question of if but when," he said.
:jameo: :jameo: :jameo: :jameo: :jameo:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I heard that the area we just moved to is supposed to have some bad hurricanes this year. At least we have insurance. :shrug:

L

ladylara

brought to you by your friendly flood insurance salesman.

Nupe2

What are the chances that there will be a hurricane that hits the NC coast during the 3rd week of August? What are the chances that this will happen just because I've decided to take the family on a nice vacation to enjoy the sun, sand and surf? What are the chances that the sun (hole in roof) sand (blown in with the windows) and surf (what we damned near drowned in) will end up vacationing with us? What, me worry? :lmao:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Nupe2 said:
What are the chances that there will be a hurricane that hits the NC coast during the 3rd week of August? What are the chances that this will happen just because I've decided to take the family on a nice vacation to enjoy the sun, sand and surf? What are the chances that the sun (hole in roof) sand (blown in with the windows) and surf (what we damned near drowned in) will end up vacationing with us? What, me worry? :lmao:
Hurricane party at my house! :banana: