USA about to complete colossal upset...

BuddyLee

Football addict
I'm not a Soccer guy but I thought this was noteworthy. Spain hasn't lost a game in 35 tries. The US is about to win the FIFA Confederations Cup semifinal against them.

C

citizen_fear

I'm not a Soccer guy but I thought this was noteworthy. Spain hasn't lost a game in 35 tries. The US is about to win the FIFA Confederations Cup semifinal against them.
Score? Time left?

BuddyLee

Football addict
I watched the whole game. Hard fought and tight.

The US was back on their heels plenty but were somehow able to stonewall Spain's firepower.

Great upset for the USA.

C

citizen_fear

I watched the whole game. Hard fought and tight.

The US was back on their heels plenty but were somehow able to stonewall Spain's firepower.

Great upset for the USA.

USA...USA...USA...

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
lets not go that far. but still a big upset! i'm assuming brazil is our opponent again...they already destroyed us once

This is, indeed, an awesome tribute to our USA Soccer Team!

Keep in mind that Soccer is NOT our national sport; football, baseball and basketball enjoy a larger venue among sportfans.

Well done, guys!! :yahoo: (PS: Go kick some azz!)

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Gonna need another miracle like in the 1980 olympics to beat Brazil Sunday. USA you can do it!

Let's not get carried away. It is a big deal we beat Spain, but this is not world cup. Beating Brazil Sunday will be a bigger deal, but neither win comes close to the Miracle on Ice.

:buddies:

I

Irish_Eyes

As a pretty big soccer fan, I'd be more excited about how well we're doing, but our teams through the years have let me down too many times. I don't even really bother watching most times anymore. Everytime we get into semi finals and finals, we choke and fail miserably, get our a$$e$ stomped into the ground. I'll be impressed when we win. If we don't, this isn't much to be happy over.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Ok, this is NOT the World Cup Final, this is the FIFA ConfederationsCup Final.

Question: don't the same teams who play in the World Cup - play in this tournament as well?

So, the name is different, however the honor of competing and winning should be - darn near - right up ther as well, no?

"A rose by any other name...........is still a rose."