USA Softball VS Washington Glory at Baysox Stadium

greeneyes36

Great game..... we had the BEST seats... bought them back in October... couldnt have asked for better turnout with the weather the way the day started out ;)

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
I was surprised to see all the teams that came from VA and PA to see the game. Folks that were sitting behind us were from VA Beach. We had a game heading home down 301counting the cars with VA tags and softball paraphenalia slapped on the back.

First thing my daughter said when we got in the gate (pointing to the field) "Look! Mommy! Mommy! It's Jenny Finch!":starcat:

greeneyes36

We were doing the same thing... my 4 yr old was even pointing out all the cars with the softballs on them... my 9 yrs old saw a bus from chambersburg PA, thats when i explained to her how the next closest game to them wouldve been pittsburgh.. she couldnt get over how so many girls from places that seems to far away came there to see the game. Her new "goal" is to be an olypmic softballer... hmm... we're JUST starting this madness w/ her playing her 1st year of fastpitch ball. she started pitching about 3 weeks ago. I played ball and her dad played ball, so i guess it's in her genes, huh? My little one plays tball and she was just as enthused about the game as my oldest. We had a great time...

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
My daughter want's to be a pitcher so bad. She's pitched a couple game with her LL team but needs more practice. We've done 2 clinics with 5 Star Athletic but she's only started seriously practicing the past couple of months.

greeneyes36

It definitely takes practice. My daughter is out there just about every night practicing... weather isnt helping any lately... but she has her mind on it 24/7 i think. Her attitude is great about it though - she knows she can do it - just has to stay focused. She's very flexible - can move around the field and play just about any position. She knows it's a team effort and if she starts getting tired, she'd rather move around than stay and throw a bad game. So it works out great really. The coach seems to just love her attitude. It's so much fun to watch them play - i told my parents, i havent had goosebumps at a softball game in years!! LOL...