Used book stores?

oODreadOo

Anyone know of a decent used book stored in the Southern MD area? There used to be one on Solomon's Island called "lazy moon" or something to that nature... anyone know if it relocated?

K

Kizzy

Also, check the thrift stores. Many of them have tons of books.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
There's one in Prince Frederick next to K-Mart called Ellie's Paperback Shack. At least I think it's still there. They had a branch in Waldorf that may still be open, too. The branch they had in Lexington Park closed years ago.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
In Leonardtown you can purchase used books at the public library, they have a table right as you enter the building. And the one off the square in Leonardtown is actually the old Duke's Bar which is connected to the Cafe de Artists.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Originally posted by huntr1
Same thing at the Charlotte Hall library.

CH library has only a couple of shelves. I think Leonardtown has more and LaPlata has a ton. So many, that they have a seperate room in the basement for them.

Erin

And if you are looking for

something specific, try: marketplacebookcloseouts.com
I ordered a book this morning for $3 (granted shipping cost $3.49), that was less than half price for the book.

Last edited:

joedancer

bookman
Hi,
I own the used bookstore in Leonardtown, called "Fenwick Street Used Books and Music." It was Duke's Bar for thirty years. Currently we have about 20,000 books, but we also have videos, dvds, records and tapes. We are open every day except for Monday. Come and visit and let me know you found out about it on somd.com, you will get a discount! (Sorry for the shameless plug for my shop, but you asked... ;-)
Joe
Originally posted by oODreadOo
Anyone know of a decent used book stored in the Southern MD area? There used to be one on Solomon's Island called "lazy moon" or something to that nature... anyone know if it relocated?

dum_blonde

Originally posted by ememdee19
Is the "dirty" bookstore in the Park still around?:biggrin:

Oh, yes. When my friend turned 18, her 16-yr-old brother sent her into BOOKS for some educational reading for him.

joedancer

bookman
Re: And if you are looking for

I tried this link, but it did not work. I found this on a google search: http://www.bookcloseouts.com. Is that the site you found? Also, nothing replaces actually seeing the book you want, or discovering a book by chance in a bookstore! Come out and try it.
Thanks,
Joe
Originally posted by Erin
something specific, try: marketplacebookcloseouts.com
I ordered a book this morning for $3 (granted shipping cost $3.49), that was less than half price for the book.

oODreadOo

lol, Thanks Joe, I was wondering what became of that area. I will defiantly drop by once I get back from TX.

joedancer

bookman
Originally posted by oODreadOo
lol, Thanks Joe, I was wondering what became of that area. I will defiantly drop by once I get back from TX.
See you soon. By the way, I moved here from Texas a couple of years ago!
Joe

withered

Re: Re: Used book stores?

Originally posted by joedancer
Hi,
I own the used bookstore in Leonardtown, called "Fenwick Street Used Books and Music." It was Duke's Bar for thirty years. Currently we have about 20,000 books, but we also have videos, dvds, records and tapes. We are open every day except for Monday. Come and visit and let me know you found out about it on somd.com, you will get a discount! (Sorry for the shameless plug for my shop, but you asked... ;-)
Joe

DVD's? didnt see any of those in there.... i'll have to come in again today :biggrin: i did your bookmarks :wink:

joedancer

bookman
Re: Re: Re: Used book stores?

Originally posted by withered
DVD's? didnt see any of those in there.... i'll have to come in again today :biggrin: i did your bookmarks :wink:

You did my bookmarks?

We do not have many dvds, but we do have 'em!
Joe:confused: