Utah Concealed Carry Permit Class-King George 7/28

MadDogMarine

When it comes to freedoms, it appears the state ALWAYS has to go out of it's way. SO what else is new???

Midnightrider brought up a good point in his post.
All govt's are in the business of restricting freedoms. Our founder's warned us about that. That is what the Bill of Rights was all about. A list of the things U.S. Congress could not restrict. The 2nd amendment was in there but the courts said the state's have to follow the bill of rights EXCEPT for that one?
Gov'ts are the enemy of freedom , all done in the name of safety.

IggyPop

SMIB

IggyPop

SMIB
Class was $350 last I read @ VFW.... I believe the $50 quote is just for the license fee to Utah, could be wrong though

Associated Security Training Center is holding the classes in King George and La Plata. It is only $50.00 for the class (which is an awesome price and what led me to take the class because I'm admittedly poor!).

After the class is over, you get a certificate of completion. You send in the paperwork and application that ASTC gives you and roughly $50.00 check or money order (if memory serves me) to the good ol' state of Utah for the permit.

It is really easy and Utah is pretty darn quick.

Last edited:

So_what

Yes I'm an MPD, But who's
Class was $350 last I read @ VFW.... I believe the $50 quote is just for the license fee to Utah, could be wrong though

Read the link, $125 for the class includes fingerprints and photos, notary, etc.
$51 to state of Utah for the permit. $176 total by my math. :shrug:

ylexot

Super Genius
And I guess that means that the Ones in King George and La Plata are $101 total? $50 for ASTC who gives the class and $51 for Utah for the license? Looks like they do the fingerprinting, but not the photo or notarizing. Not a big deal since photos are simple to do yourself these days and I can get it notarized at the bank for free.

Of course, at the VFW, I also get breakfast, it is much closer, and money goes to support a good cause.

So_what

Yes I'm an MPD, But who's
And I guess that means that the Ones in King George and La Plata are $101 total? $50 for ASTC who gives the class and $51 for Utah for the license? Looks like they do the fingerprinting, but not the photo or notarizing. Not a big deal since photos are simple to do yourself these days and I can get it notarized at the bank for free.

Of course, at the VFW, I also get breakfast, it is much closer, and money goes to support a good cause.

Don't forget to add the $6 for crossing the bridge now.

IggyPop

SMIB

No notary is required for the Utah permit. I just called to verify that.

The people at the VFW are awesome. Unfortunately, I had to settle for breakfast at Marie's Diner across the street. The waffles and scrapple were good though!