Utah man shot multiple times by police during traffic stop possibly tied to sovereign citizen movement

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
The March 2 traffic stop wasn't Chase Allan's only encounter with law enforcement

A Utah man shot several times by police officers during a traffic stop is possibly connected to the sovereign citizen movement, a group of people who are described by the Federal Bureau of Investigation as believing they are "sovereign" from the U.S. and don't have to answer to "any government authority."

Officers with the Farmington, Utah, police department stopped 25-year-old Chase Allan on the afternoon of March 2 after seeing an illegitimate license plate on the back of the BMW he was driving, which read "Notice, private automobile not for hire." The plate also had the letters "ASN," standing for American State National.

So instead of accepting that he got caught with a fake tag, take his ticket and punishment and do better next time, he chose to be a douche and get himself killed.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
The term "sovereign citizen" seems to be coming up a lot lately. Is there really a resurgence of this movement, or is it just the phrase du jour?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The term "sovereign citizen" seems to be coming up a lot lately. Is there really a resurgence of this movement, or is it just the phrase du jour?

My .02 ... Phrase du Jour by the Progressive Media Administration ....... :eek: look at those evil Maga Republicans

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
My .02 ... Phrase du Jour by the Progressive Media Administration ....... :eek: look at those evil Maga Republicans
Except that if you listen to any of them talk, their political ideology sounds just like the left wing loons.

Reactions: BOP

stgislander

PREMO Member
Pretty common. I live in the independent Island Republic of St. George, for example.
There's no independent island republic. Everybody knows you have to have a flag. You don't have a flag.

And these are already taken.
lgbtflag.jpg
petoriaflag.jpg

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I need to find a copy of the article that Jack Rue wrote for St. Mary's Today many years ago, about St. George Islanders blowing the bridge and the island just drifting away because the only thing keeping it moored was the bridge.

• Wow
Reactions: BOP

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I've had no problem breaking the island security multiple times. It's like it's a public road or something that anyone can drive.
You've confused "we let you live" with "right of free passage". They are not the same thing.