V

E

EmptyTimCup

Anyone else interested in the NBC remake of "V" ? 1st week November.

I'll be programing my DVR shortly

:popcorn:

I have DVD's with all the original Movies and TV Series

Last edited by a moderator:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Hmm... I will check it out. I have heard it was coming, but this is the first trailer I've seen.

I remember the original; it was one of my favorite movies when I was young.

E

EmptyTimCup

Hmm... I will check it out. I have heard it was coming, but this is the first trailer I've seen.

I remember the original; it was one of my favorite movies when I was young.

:yeahthat:

donbarzini

They have GOT to get Michael Ironside to play a part in this. He was the ONLY reason I kept watching the original.

donbarzini

Hot chicks in skintight jumpsuits, unzipped to their waist wasn't enough for you to be glued to the set?

You drive a Prius, dontcha?

No, I drive an 8 cylinder Hemi driven gas sucking pick up truck. I didn't consider ANY of those women hot. Those vinyl jumpsuits were so thick that you could have filmed that series in Antarctica and not have gotten a mammary reaction. And Michael Ironside was the only real human character in the show. "Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out."

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
I'll be watching it for sure. I'm a sucker for cheesy science fiction shows and I loved the original series.

No, I drive an 8 cylinder Hemi driven gas sucking pick up truck. I didn't consider ANY of those women hot. Those vinyl jumpsuits were so thick that you could have filmed that series in Antarctica and not have gotten a mammary reaction. And Michael Ironside was the only real human character in the show. "Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out."
I was 12/13 years old. To my hormone infused brain, Diana was :hot: back then.

Anyone else interested in the NBC remake of "V" ? 1st week November.

I'm interested in watching it as well. I just hope I haven't forgotten all about it by the time it comes on - hopefully this thread will get bumped a few times that day to remind me. I loved the original movies and TV series, though watching them again years later made me realize how corny they had been. :lol:

I was 12/13 years old. To my hormone infused brain, Diana was :hot: back then.

:yeahthat: I was 11, and she was one of my first crushes. Now that I think about it, maybe that's why I always went for hot chicks with split personalities. :ohwell:

SamSpade

I've been a fan of Morena Baccarin ever since Firefly, and her subsequent appearances on shows like Stargate and How I Met Your Mother. So I'll watch because of her.

I never thought Jane Badler was hot. Maybe she just wore too much rouge or something. On the other hand, I did like Faye Grant, the leader of the resistance.

(Somehow I remember Marc Singer commenting on one of the Visitors who helped them, saying "not bad, for an iguana".)

I did like Faye Grant, the leader of the resistance.

She was better looking. What is there to not like about a babe w/ big boobs, .45 in a shoulder holster and an M16?

Attachments

• Faye Grant.jpg
    Faye Grant.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 67
  • Faye Grant 02.jpg
    Faye Grant 02.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Faye Grant 03.jpg
    Faye Grant 03.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 63

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
As long as it is coming back in March. I really like the show. I am a little bit mad that they showed just enough episodes to get me hooked thenn took it off the air.

I didn't like it. I stopped watching. Bugged me that they took everything that happened over weeks in the original show, and made it all happen in the premier episode. It was way too predictable, no real emotional value, didn't hold my interest at all.

Toxick

Splat
I didn't like it. I stopped watching. Bugged me that they took everything that happened over weeks in the original show, and made it all happen in the premier episode. It was way too predictable, no real emotional value, didn't hold my interest at all.

Maybe it's because I didn't see the original (or if I did, it's lost in the mists of time), but if they would've drug out first episode across several weeks, I would have found that way more annoying and predictable. So far, I've found the pacing to be adequate.

The only thing that bugs me about V is the FBI lady's son. Him and his story-line are really boring and irritating, IMO. I see where that plotline is leading, and I can't help but wonder if the payoff is worth sitting through the build up.

I also wish we could see what they look like under their human-suits.