Vacuum Bags

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Has anyone here tried the off-brand commercial vacuum bags with their food saver machine?

I wanted to pickup some primal cuts for cheap and cut up myself but the foodsaver brand is outright expensive even on amazon.

limblips

PREMO Member
Has anyone here tried the off-brand commercial vacuum bags with their food saver machine?

I wanted to pickup some primal cuts for cheap and cut up myself but the foodsaver brand is outright expensive even on amazon.
I tried them once, don't remember the name but got them at wally world. My experience is they do not seal as well. I assume the material composition is different. Dear wife said not to buy them anymore. My last purchase was for the FoodSaver brand but the are called GameSaver. The package talks about storing fish and wild game in them. I can't believe they are any different but they were a few dimes cheaper.

I use the ZIPLOC brand rolls of freezer bags because I like to make my own size bags. They have quart sized and gallon sized rolls (got them from Walmart). Never had a problem with them.

Tried the ones Walmart had, not sure of the brand. They tend to puncture in the freezer if you sealed something with a sharp edge, like a steak bone.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Thanks.

Guess I'll settle for saving on the contents only and spend on the brand name.