glhs837

Power with Control

Not an EV, jussayin :)

Clem72

Impossible, only EVs catch on fire!

TPD

the poor dad
Employees & I were just talking about this fire an hour ago. One of my employees saw this on their way to work before FD got there. Apparently a small kid in the car but everyone got out safely.

glhs837

Power with Control
Impossible, only EVs catch on fire!
i know right mean girls GIF

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

When you get to a dozen or so, let me know.

Until then... :yawn:

glhs837

Power with Control
When you get to a dozen or so, let me know.

Until then... :yawn:

There's been that many down here? Or are you speaking nationally...... no real recent numbers, but these are illuminating

Number 4 :) Bolding mine :)

The national average is one fire per 19 million miles driven.​

(Inside EVs)

Currently, the national average is one fire per 19 million miles driven; however, some car models hold up better than others, so you might want to do extra research before purchasing something new. For instance, Tesla has released data spanning from 2012 to 2020 that reveals its cars have a fire every 205 million miles, proving that they are more than 10 times less likely to catch fire than the average vehicle.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Wow. If Tesla says so....

I have to believe that because, if Ford, GM, Chrysler, BMW, VW, AMC and Datsun taught me one thing... It's that a company selling it's product would NEVER misrepresent the quality, reliability and safety of it's product.

:whistle:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

I have to believe that because, if Ford, GM, Chrysler, BMW, VW, AMC and Datsun taught me one thing... It's that a company selling it's product would NEVER misrepresent the quality, reliability and safety of it's product.

Yugo?

glhs837

Power with Control

Seems that we're they lying, the shorts would have published the hell out of that fact.

glhs837

Power with Control
Did any of those actually ever run long enough to start a fire? :lmao:
Sure did. I don't know that they ever got hot enough to catch on fire. Buddy who bought a 1986 or 87 GM pickup with a transmission problem got one as a loaner for a month.ki Man did we have fun busting his cookies. Damn, spare tire was mounted on top of the engine which tells you exactly how much heat that generated

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Sure did. I don't know that they ever got hot enough to catch on fire. Buddy who bought a 1986 or 87 GM pickup with a transmission problem got one as a loaner for a month.ki Man did we have fun busting his cookies. Damn, spare tire was mounted on top of the engine which tells you exactly how much heat that generated
My Subaru BRAT had the tire over the engine too, but it was such a small twin-opposed 4 it didn't generate any heat. Actually had trouble keeping warm in the winter.