Venison Recipes.......

poster

Probably already a thread on this but don't feel like searching so..

husband has filled freezer and I'd like to get together some new recipes for variety. Thanks in advance!:buddies:

Gummie

If you have ground venison, then mix it ground pork. A 50/50 ratio makes the most perfect hamburger.

lovinmaryland

I went to my grandparents a few weeks ago for dinner and they had wrapped the backstrap in bacon and then made a marinade of bottled teriyaki sauce, hot sauce, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and olive oil then they roasted it it was delish :yum:

Vince

Marinade a tenderloin in teryaki, coat with flour and fry in butter. Not low calorie, but then I only do it a few times a year. :yum:

stylin

husband has filled freezer and I'd like to get together some new recipes for variety. Thanks in advance!:buddies:

Cut thin strips out of a roast, saute with green pepper, onions, mushrooms or whatever you like until meat is cooked and veges are soft, serve over rice, or egg noodles...I made a steak and cheese sub....WONDERFUL, I MUST SAY SO MYSELF!

I took my dumb doe's and ground it all up into burger! Except for the tenderloins and backstraps... we typically use those for barbeque (like pulled pork BBQ).

limblips

PREMO Member
If the recipe says beef then venison works, but be very careful about over cooking venison (very little fat and it will dry out quickly). A marinated steak on the grill is great but cooked to anything more than medium rare will get very tough! Venison is great in casseroles, stews, soups and grilled. Jerked is great if you have a dehydrator and the time (oven works but messy). Don't be afraid to try anything! BTW, my "secret" ingredient in venison stew is tomato juice. It breaks down the meat and really adds a tang to the stew.

Vince

I took my dumb doe's and ground it all up into burger! Except for the tenderloins and backstraps... we typically use those for barbeque (like pulled pork BBQ).
That's about what I do. I use the ground and mix with pork to make breakfast sausage patties. :yum: Have my own recipe for all the spices I put in.

W

Wenchy

Vince? Is that you?

If you'd get off your butt and stop for the venison next time you're over, I'll give it to you. But in the meantime, I have to dig it up and write it out.

:killingme You're telling me to get off my butt?

Wow! :faint:

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv

if you want to remove a gamey taste, marinate it in a italian dressing. I have a recipe that is very close to that but the bottled stuff is easier.

W

Wenchy

Gamey?

if you want to remove a gamey taste, marinate it in a italian dressing. I have a recipe that is very close to that but the bottled stuff is easier.

I love venison for the natural taste, but I also love to eat organ meats (liver, heart, etc) I will take a venison steak over a beef steak anyday (rare) Just rub it with some salt and pepper and throw it in a skillet or on a hot grill. :drool: